Does Subban get called up for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
Do you guys think that Subban will be called up for the playoffs (with or without an injury to a roster player) or do you think the team will stick with the veterans?

I personally think that they should call him up to give him experience and get him ready for next season, besides, he would play well with Markov on the power play I think.

Discuss!

Myron Gaines*

No, before actually giving playoff experience to your best prospect, be sure to give him season experience.

habsjunkie2*

Of course not. Why would you think he would be called for the playoffs, but not playing during the season?

Habs4Vie

Jan 2, 2010
Canada
I doubt it. Although, if a D-Man goes down, he's definitely their first option to call up. I'd rather he stay down in the AHl, and lead the 'Dogs to a Calder Cup.

CHestah in Maine

Jul 12, 2006
I am as excited as the next guy about PK, but I really have no interest seeing any player with two games of NHL experience be thrust into the playoffs over any of our d-men, unless there is an injury. Let Subban get his experience this year in Hamilton. It's not like he's the missing ingredient for a Cup win. Not yet at least. :)

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I think he'd be fine personally. But the habs aren't going to risk him making a huge mistake that would make him the next scapegoat for a playoffs loss which is a sensible opinion too. It's probably too risky for both the player and the team to put a rookie with no experience out there.

I personally would have tried to unload one of Spacek or Mara at the deadline and have Subban play games to see if he could have helped. But then again, we've been rushing players for a while, and maybe it's better if PK gets the full year to improve in Hamilton and gets a good shot at making the team in training camp.

We already have one player too many with Bergeron and Cammy coming back, no way Subban gets called up.

That too

habsjunkie2*

It isn't unheard of. Habs did it with several players in 86 and/or 93. Very effective they were.

It may have happened before and happens all the time because of injuries ect. Unless there's an injury he won't be called up.

hogtownhabsfan*

Yes. Because to put it simply, we are a better team with him than without him...

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Don't fear rookies in the playoffs

Bob Gainey captained 11 of them to the Habs 23rd cup :yo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Stanley_Cup_Finals

"The Montreal Canadiens played 11 rookies on their squad: Mike McPhee, Stephane Richer, Brian Skrudland, Mike Lalor, Patrick Roy, Steve Rooney, John Kordic, Claude Lemieux, David Maley, Sergio Momesso and Randy Bucyk. In addition the Canadiens in 1986 were the last team to win the Stanley Cup without making at least one trade during the regular season."

Chelios was on that team... and he's still playing!!!

Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad