Does Sid (or anyone) have a play like Lebron's last night?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
In 2016 during the finals, Crosby blocked a shot on net, then sent a pass to Hornqvist for an easy ENG, which sealed the Cup win.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
There was one with bieksa and the colorado avalanche a while back but i dont think he counts as a superstar

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
He reached up and pushed a rather large inflatable ball away from some other guy and then, after everyone stood around doing nothing for awhile, took the same ball (or a similar one) and tossed it into the other team’s empty net, where it apparently counted as a goal despite the fact that the basketball game had mercifully already ended.

I haven’t seen anything quite this remarkable in a hockey game, no.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I always felt like illpucks may have the hockey versions of Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith yelling hot takes at each other inside his head. Now with LeBron added to the conversation, I think it may be the actual Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
He's the best player in league. Does he have a play like the video below?

Criteria
Both
- single-handedly saves game for team
- single-handedly wins game for team

If you want to play the but...but...McDavid is better card, then does McDavid have a play like this? Does Ovi? Does anyone for that matter?

For example in the video below, Ovi single-handedly wins game for team but he does not also single-handedly save the game for his team, so this would not be eligible.

it was goaltending.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The response to the OP is really unreasonable here.

He's asking for examples of similar feats, yet for some reason everyone is hyper-defensively reacting as if he's challenging/dismissing how much of a superstar they really are or something.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Singlehandedly ? LOL, half of his career achievements are because of how blatantly biased NBA officials are.

Also he goal tended on the defensive end which would've put his team down by 2, but it went uncalled (as usual with Lebron).

As for your question, yes there have been numerous blown calls in tie or close games resulting in the team losing, because the officials are either blind or stupid. Hell, Calgary lost the cup in 04 because of a blown call.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
You serious? McDavid scores 108pts and his team doesn’t smell the playoffs. Can you name a time where the leading scorer in the NBA didn’t get his team into the playoffs?
Tracy MdGrady 2003/04 Orlando Magic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad