Does Sam Bennett Dress This Year?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Got a point; his break in and shot sets up the game winning goal. He's never great with the puck or in his own zone; hasn't stopped Hartley most of the season.

That first goal was Edmonton's inability to played defense.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Got a point; his break in and shot sets up the game winning goal. He's never great with the puck or in his own zone; hasn't stopped Hartley most of the season.

Ends (the assist) don't justify the means. I will just say that I've seen Raymond be really effective in some games this season, and last night was not similar to those games. His last stretch of games, in fact, has been lacking that.

But yes, it comes down to Hartley's impression.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Would sure be nice to see Sam in the ARI game but I won't be surprised one bit if he sits the last two. Those are effectively playoff games and the smart money is on icing a veteran team.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
Would sure be nice to see Sam in the ARI game but I won't be surprised one bit if he sits the last two. Those are effectively playoff games and the smart money is on icing a veteran team.

Agreed. LA and Winnipeg are really tough tests for match up already. Even if Bennett plays against Arizona and scores a hat trick... I'd still have plenty of hesitations of playing him in the last two games.

If the Flames make the playoffs, the match up might determine the result. I could see Bennett factoring in against a team like the Canucks.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Even the guys on Sportnet during the Edm game Saturday said they would be surprised if he played at all...

Bummer.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I think he will start against the Jets.

1. If the Flames have clinched, they will want to give him a look and rest players.
2. If they are out, they will also want to give him a look.
3. If the game is must win, they might put him in in hopes that he sparks the team.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
This is a stretch, but I wonder if they are waiting so as not to burn a year off his ELC. If they wait until the LA game to play him, that gives a maximum of 9 games played for Bennett unless we get out of the first round. Plus, where the team is coming off a win, they don't need to change the roster around a whole bunch.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is a stretch, but I wonder if they are waiting so as not to burn a year off his ELC. If they wait until the LA game to play him, that gives a maximum of 9 games played for Bennett unless we get out of the first round. Plus, where the team is coming off a win, they don't need to change the roster around a whole bunch.

Sure, but I would rather they played him vs. Arizona, then sat him against LA or the Jets. I guess they don't want to bet against him seizing a spot once he's in.

Still, this is an organization that has stated that the priority is team success first, and contract status second. They will deal with the contract stuff when it comes up, but I think they're all in to win at this point.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
*throws out the tickets F l a m e s gave me*

451939404.0.jpg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sure, but I would rather they played him vs. Arizona, then sat him against LA or the Jets. I guess they don't want to bet against him seizing a spot once he's in.

Still, this is an organization that has stated that the priority is team success first, and contract status second. They will deal with the contract stuff when it comes up, but I think they're all in to win at this point.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you won with a lineup, so I doubt there's going be a change... it's difficult to change it after a win. More or less points to a player and says, we won, in spite of you... in fact, so much so, we're throwing in a kid who's never played in the league before.

Every line was decent last game, hopefully we can maintain that. This is two major points tomorrow. It might become even more of a requirement after tonight.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yesterday's lineup won, but it was against Edmonton. And after a pretty bad first period, change should definitely be considered.

Anyway, #FreeSpoon

dcookson

Aug 20, 2014
IMO, the only games Bennett would dress for when he was called up would be the Edmonton game and the Arizona game. I just don't see how you could dress him for the LA game. And for me, the only way he gets into the Winnipeg game is if your season is decided, either a spot has been clinched or we have been eliminated. This kid is going to have enough pressure on him for the next 10-15 years. Let's not have him make his debut where nerves could cost us a goal which could potentially cost a playoff spot (Granted, that could happen with anyone, but no need to put that pressure on him for this year).

Agreed. LA and Winnipeg are really tough tests for match up already. Even if Bennett plays against Arizona and scores a hat trick... I'd still have plenty of hesitations of playing him in the last two games.

If the Flames make the playoffs, the match up might determine the result. I could see Bennett factoring in against a team like the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad