Does Ottawa have the best contracts in the league ?

Sens the best or nah?

• No Sens arent even in the top3

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • No My team has better contracts (pls say which team in comments)

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Yes but (insert your feelings here)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Could be but couldve had so much better if they were owned by a hollywood star

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I personally think Colorado and New Jersey have better cores locked up to better deals. But again 0 context coming from you so a pretty bad take in general. They were 6 points out last year. Sanderson was a rookie Stutzle on his elc. Played 7 goalies and Norris was injured all season. Take a walk. The sens hatred you spew from thread to thread is sad.
Lol you are delicate. You agree with me and you are still pissy Leon. Quote one thing I have said that has upset you because of my "Sens hatred". Who the hell cares enough to hate the Sens? When was the last time they did ANYTHING to upset any fanbase? No one cares. Some of you Sens fans get so mad when the rest of the league doesn't recognize the Sens as the uncrowned best team in the league you lose your minds. They are what they are.

I'm not saying they don't have potential to have some great contracts. Stutzle is working out great. Tkachuk is paid fair to favorable to the player. Chabot, not so much but he can turn it around. Norris as you point out has been injured so he hasn't earned jack shit yet. Sanderson is a big gamble. The team hasn't done anything. You can pretend that 6 points out of the playoffs means some thing but they never threatened to make it in.

Once this team ACTUALLY does something maybe we can talk about all the great contracts until then it's all hope. And before you get upset again, I'm not saying the potential isn't there but potential and reality are two different things.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I personally think Colorado and New Jersey have better cores locked up to better deals. But again 0 context coming from you so a pretty bad take in general. They were 6 points out last year. Sanderson was a rookie Stutzle on his elc. Played 7 goalies and Norris was injured all season. Take a walk. The sens hatred you spew from thread to thread is sad.
sens were 7 points out not 6. they were behind the pens and buffalo two teams that improved over the offseason. 7 points is a sizable gap.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yes but I admit I'm a Homer, and I'm looking beyond just this season. And if not the Sens, then who?

As much as you'd like to admit it or not, the Sens are building their team like we all do in NHL Be A GM mode.

Sign your young star players with ELITE potential the second you can before they realize how good they are and take you for a ride to the bank.

Sign a few older FA stars like Giroux and Tarasenko to short term deals. Trade a first and a 2nd for a 1st pairing Dman (Chychrun) on a sweetheart 2.5yr deal. Take the highest rated FA goalie on the market, and hope for the best and some more growth from the kids with the high potential ratings.

But in all seriousness, in 2-3 years from now the Sens could be saving 10 million on the same core group of players as a collective whole versus their current market value.

I don't think Stutzle is worth less than Mitch Marner, for one thing. That's 2-3m today, how much bigger is that number after Mitchies next deal? I like Clauge Giroux more than John Tavares, most might not agree, but he's making like 5m per year less LOL.

I look around at teams like Buffalo, NJ, Det, ect - all talented up and coming teams like the Sens. But they also could have some major headaches in a few seasons when contracts are due for the new young guns - like Power, Dahlin, Hughes, Mercer, Nemec, Quinn, ect and contracts like Skinners, Palat Hamilton are on the books.

And who are they paying in Net???

Boldfaced the key words, though.

I don't REALLY disagree with you but even you acknowledge there is a LOT of projection built into these deals.

I think most feel pretty good about the likelihood of them aging well, but it's still a risk.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't really get this idea.

What contract outside of Stutzle has "amazing" potential?

Batherson's contract is nice, but he also showed last year he's perhaps not the player his point per game showed the previous two years. If he keeps up the 60+ point pace for 5 mil he's a steal tho'

They are paying 7.9 mil for a player like Norris who has missed extensive time and whose production is largely based on power play time.

Is Chabot even considered a top 20 defenseman in today's league?

Korpisalo is one of the worst contracts in the league.

Looks like a bunch of players they locked up long term which is great for a team like Ottawa given what has happened with EK65, Stone, etc. But the team and players have literally done nothing unless you consider Stutzle finishing 19th overall in points some kind of incredible feat.

It's a lot of contracts betting on potential IMO. Which is not something I would say gives you "the best contracts in the league".

Personally would rather have the below cap situations

Jersey
Colorado (almost entirely on Makar's contract)
Carolina
Los Angeles
Dallas

Off the top of my head over Ottawa's.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I don't think Stutzle is worth less than Mitch Marner, for one thing. That's 2-3m today, how much bigger is that number after Mitchies next deal? I like Clauge Giroux more than John Tavares, most might not agree, but he's making like 5m per year less LOL.

May the satisfaction you feel from touching yourself to capfriendly sustain you as the Sens finish 25 points behind again

Reactions: MCR74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad