Does Miller remind you of Kesler?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The biggest factor in player performance is quality of teammate. Kesler was always asked to carry the load on his line in relatively tough deployment.

There’s a lot of revisionists history with Kesler, this guy at his peak was 2nd in the NHL in goals and was a top 3 two-way player in the sport.

I think some posters have forgotten the type of player Kesler was. Kesler at his best had some of us wondering if he's better than Henrik. But most of the time he had trouble utilizing his teammates.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think some posters have forgotten the type of player Kesler was. Kesler at his best had some of us wondering if he's better than Henrik. But most of the time he had trouble utilizing his teammates.
In 2011 there were a lot of people that thought Kesler was our MVP and I agreed.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
The closest comparable today to Kesler is ROR, will and snarl. Miller is like Hossa for me so far.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kesler was a high-end skater, with a big shot and hard on the puck. But Miller is a far better offensive player, particularly in the offensive zone imo. Clearly has superior vision and the ability to take on defenders one-on-one.

To me, Miller reminds me more of a better skating version of Ron Francis.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It's interesting that they share a lot of qualities yet I feel they are completely different players. I don't think Kesler would try unsafe dangles in his own zone, for example. And I don't think Miller has as much of a hateful edge, even though he plays hard. Miller's offense is a lot more deceptive in how he masks his intentions. And Kesler had that wicked shot. But they're both really strong on the boards and know how to make the right plays, and both are ultra competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad