Does McDavid reach 100 points?

Does McDavid reach 100 points?

• Total voters

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
In the Canadian division it’s certainly possible. Lots of weak teams to pile in the goals against.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I really never expected the insecurity from American hockey fans when it comes to the Canadian division....yet here we are.

Reactions: leafsfan5

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Why are people making such a big deal about the Division McDavid is playing in?

He would win the Art Ross and probably hit 90-100 pts regardless of the division he’d be playing in.

He’s head and shoulder above the rest of the league at this stage of his career and it was only a matter of time before he starts separating himself from the rest of the pack.

So playing in a « stronger » Division wouldn’t affect his point production that much. However, Edmonton would probably be struggling to make the playoffs, but that’s the only thing that would change if he was in a better Division.

Reactions: authentic

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Why are people making such a big deal about the Division McDavid is playing in?

He would win the Art Ross and probably hit 90-100 pts regardless of the division he’d be playing in.

He’s head and shoulder above the rest of the league at this stage of his career and it was only a matter of time before he starts separating himself from the rest of the pack.

So playing in a « stronger » Division wouldn’t affect his point production that much. However, Edmonton would probably be struggling to make the playoffs, but that’s the only thing that would change if he was in a better Division.

Because every time someone points out that he had nearly the same pace last year in the Pacific, these Ostriches set the thread on ignore and bury their heads in the sand. Then when there's mention of McDavid in a new thread, they pull their heads back out of the ground to start talking about the North division like nothing ever happened. I guess it's easy to cope with the world when you just ignore everything that doesn't fit your narrative, major cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: McRpro

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Because every time someone points out that he had nearly the same pace last year in the Pacific, these Ostriches set the thread on ignore and bury their heads in the sand. Then when there's mention of McDavid in a new thread, they pull their heads back out of the ground to start talking about the North division like nothing ever happened. I guess it's easy to cope with the world when you just ignore everything that doesn't fit your narrative, major cognitive dissonance.

Last year McDavid had 84 points after 56 games. Impressive indeed, but nowhere near 100.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Last year McDavid had 84 points after 56 games. Impressive indeed, but nowhere near 100.

We’re discussing how little it matters.

McDavid had 20 goals and 37 assists for 57 points in his first 34 games last year under completely ordinary conditions (kind of...he was recovering from that prior injury).

He has 21 goals and 39 assists for 60 points in his first 34 games this year under the unusual conditions of this season.

Detractors act like he has padded his numbers with an additional 10 goals and 20 points when the difference is actually negligible and can be chalked up more to being completely healthy rather than anything else.

It’s a lame and lazy argument for posters to try and devalue what McDavid is doing.

This was never supposed to be the impossible dream that 95% of the people on this forum thought it was before the season started. McDavid had been scoring at a 1.5 ppg clip for nearly 200 games entering this season and he was entering his age 24 season with full health.

Was it really supposed to be a colossal stretch that 85 points was the baseline for what he would do playing all the games and that it was more likely he would flirt with 100 points or even possibly hit it?

Kucherov hit 100 in game 62 the season he scored 128 points. Drai hit in game 65 last season. McDavid himself hit it in game 66 during the 2018-2019 season. He likely would have hit it in 66 games again last season before the stoppage.

Like I’ve said before, little imagination for anything on this forum at times.

In the end, can any of the detractors respond to the fact of McDavid having a mere 1 goal and 3 points more than last season at the same number of games?

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Yes because he slowed down later in the year last year. When comparing the starts of the 2020 & 2021 seasons there is like a 3 point difference. Which isn't the gotcha that people think it is when they say - "oh just North division things".

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
We’re discussing how little it matters.

McDavid had 20 goals and 37 assists for 57 points in his first 34 games last year under completely ordinary conditions (kind of...he was recovering from that prior injury).

He has 21 goals and 39 assists for 60 points in his first 34 games this year under the unusual conditions of this season.

Detractors act like he has padded his numbers with an additional 10 goals and 20 points when the difference is actually negligible and can be chalked up more to being completely healthy rather than anything else.

It’s a lame and lazy argument for posters to try and devalue what McDavid is doing.

This was never supposed to be the impossible dream that 95% of the people on this forum thought it was before the season started. McDavid had been scoring at a 1.5 ppg clip for nearly 200 games entering this season and he was entering his age 24 season with full health.

Was it really supposed to be a colossal stretch that 85 points was the baseline for what he would do playing all the games and that it was more likely he would flirt with 100 points or even possibly hit it?

Kucherov hit 100 in game 62 the season he scored 128 points. Drai hit in game 65 last season. McDavid himself hit it in game 66 during the 2018-2019 season. He likely would have hit it in 66 games again last season before the stoppage.

Like I’ve said before, little imagination for anything on this forum at times.

In the end, can any of the detractors respond to the fact of McDavid having a mere 1 goal and 3 points more than last season at the same number of games?

One thing particular to this season is that we can see somewhat larger samples from individual players against the same opponents. McDavid's performances have differed wildly:

Toronto 3+4=7 (1.00 ppg)
Winnipeg 4+9=13 (2.17 ppg)
Montréal 0+2=2 (0.67 ppg)
Vancouver 5+3=8 (1.60 ppg)
Calgary 6+8=14 (2.33 ppg)
Ottawa 3+13=16 (2.29 ppg)

I think it is prudent to say that certain divisional structures do benefit him and that he has not been able to maintain the same level of performance against all opponents.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
One thing particular to this season is that we can see somewhat larger samples from individual players against the same opponents. McDavid's performances have differed wildly:

Toronto 3+4=7 (1.00 ppg)
Winnipeg 4+9=13 (2.17 ppg)
Montréal 0+2=2 (0.67 ppg)
Vancouver 5+3=8 (1.60 ppg)
Calgary 6+8=14 (2.33 ppg)
Ottawa 3+13=16 (2.29 ppg)

I think it is prudent to say that certain divisional structures do benefit him and that he has not been able to maintain the same level of performance against all opponents.

I guess we’ll see by the end when he has played every one of these teams evenly.

Next two games are against Montreal. All it takes is 5-6 points in 2 games and his PPG against them this year goes from 0.67 to 1.4-1.6.

Just like how he had 7 points in his first 4 games against Toronto then put up a very rare 3 goose eggs to drop down to 1.00.

Overall, I see him killing 4 teams in those stats, having his only bad series of the year in his last set against Toronto, and only playing 3 games so far against Montreal.

The guy has been on fire on since the end of 2017-beginning of 2018 and hasn’t let up since. Maybe he doesn’t hit 100, but anything in the 90 range will be phenomenal and has virtually nothing to do with divisional play based on his past work.

He’s hit 100 in 66 games when times were normal and he was only in his 4th season and another guy did it 4 games quicker the same year. Then he basically did the same last year. It’s never been a stretch for me to envision him doing it 10% quicker than Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad