Does Lucas Raymond crack 60 points this year?

Does he score 60+ points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I still have some doubt, but with the way he's clicking with Larks/Cat - I can see him hitting 60 plus pts.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Sam Gagner after his 8 point night went on to have how many points again in the next 28 games? Remind me?
Objection! Relevance?

Raymond has outscored Gagner so far during his NHL career and will continue to do so.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
It’s hilarious how little people here know what they are talking about. He had 57 his rookie year and was on pace for 50 over 82 last year. He’s noticeably better and a 10 point increase is pretty standard for a guy his age as they get accustomed to the league. Baffling that so many people think it’s ridiculous he could hit 60.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He looks like a guy ready to break out. On a team putting up unsustainable numbers, he's one of the few guys where it's unsustainably low shooting %. 60+ points definitely isn't unrealistic if he stays healthy.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
If he was on PP1, he'd be an absolute slam dunk to hit 60+ points. For the time being, he's on the 2nd unit. He could still hit 60 while being on PP2, but if he's on PP2 all year, I'd say he'll be in the mid 50s.

There's a point per game player in him though. Not this year, but in a few seasons he'll be a point per game guy.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
He may have the puck on his stick less, but the addition of Debrincat to Larkin means the top line should be generating more offense than is past seasons. Even if his play didnt improve from last season to this one, he’d probably still be in the ballpark of 60 points, just from picking up assists off of his linemates. Having said that, he has bulked up a bit and is noticeably tougher in winning board battles and harder to knock off the puck. He looks much better than in previous seasons, so far. Id be surprised if he doesn’t hit 60pts…

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He looks like an entirely different player this season. He added a lot of muscle in the offseason and it shows. So much harder to knock off the puck and his confidence is at an all time high. It's unfortunate we were screwed out of Stutzle, but Raymond has been a fantastic pick.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Line driver, forechecker, back checker

Kid is going to be a good player in this league for a while I think.
Yeah, its also become crazy how much he comes out of the corner/out of puck battles with the puck on his stick. Becoming dominant there, which has helped a bunch as well.

Star in the making

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He's just hit a completely different level this year. That weight gain helped a lot, but he seems like he's getting more confident in himself as the season progresses. Just kinda takes the puck and does what he wants with it a lot of the time.

Obviously some guys beat him. But he seems to control the play more.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Hat trick and a 4 point night last night albeit in a losing effort. He's been big for us this year. Might hit 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad