Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Shanny still has a few years left in his contract. He has distanced himself from Dubas and IMO he might be the one to stay if he fires Dubas and Keefe.
firing the GM and the coach is only 2/3'd of the problem, as much as I dislike what Dubas has done, it's Shanahan who's to blame. He has to go too if not more imo............

An added bonus to replacing Dubas, it will enable us to to have trade talks with more than 3 teams that he exclusively deals with now (CBJ,STL and ARZ) and actually get value back. There is the double silver lining.
yeah, but you lose the Soo Greyhound pipeline...............

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
And build a playoff team not a soft as butter team .
No one did anything about Tkachuk Benning or Gudas . I didn't even notice a hit on them.
That has to change.

How will they sip their margaritas on their yachts if they hit everyone? DUH!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
With his deadline deals, I remain steadfast as I was.then, I'd give him another year. I first ask him a question, "do you still believe in this core"? If his answer is "yes", then I let him walk.

The core must be broken up. If it were me, Marner is dealt and I ask J.T the tough question. If both are traded the Leafs will be eating salary and/or picks.

Marner might find maturity elsewhere as Kadri did. He is way too comfortable here.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
With his deadline deals, I remain steadfast as I was.then, I'd give him another year. I first ask him a question, "do you still believe in this core"? If his answer is "yes", then I let him walk.

The core must be broken up. If it were me, Marner is dealt and I ask J.T the tough question. If both are traded the Leafs will be eating salary and/or picks.

Marner might find maturity elsewhere as Kadri did. He is way too comfortable here.
I don't think he stays if he is offered a 1-2 year deal. I also don't think he stays if he's told to fire Keefe or trade Marner.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
And build a playoff team not a soft as butter team .
No one did anything about Tkachuk Benning or Gudas . I didn't even notice a hit on them.
That has to change.

Tkachuk had a meh series. Really does people like Bennett and Gudas who were legit goofs a disservice.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Shanny still has a few years left in his contract. He has distanced himself from Dubas and IMO he might be the one to stay if he fires Dubas and Keefe.
I agree but this is Shanny’s GM. He handpicked and groomed him since AGM.
By firing Dubas and Keefe, it also means he made a huge mistake in investment(Dubas). Don’t think any board would accept that unless Shanny shows a new vision and replacement in place.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Is there any possibility Dubas is moved to President of Hockey Ops and a new GM is brought in?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Keefe does and Dubas should have a desk somewhere in the building, lol.

I really won’t be surprise if Dubas ends up being the last man standing and Shanny and Keefe are gone
There are some people on here speculating just that. I’d like to see a house cleaning, but someone has to stay and oversee upcoming extensions. I think bringing in a new gm at this time is just too short of notice with NMC effective July 1.

from MLSE point of view, there are 2 reasons why dubas would be promoted to president and shanahan gets the pink slip. 1) age. Dubas is super young for an exec. And from MLSE perspective, maybe they feel they have invested too much into dubas and letting him go now you endured the learning on the job phase but didn’t enjoy the dubas from learning from those mistakes.

and 2). As much as I’m anti dubas, he tries. 2 phones meme, emotion, doing cap gymnastics (though self inflicted), dubas has shown he is all in. Shanahan, I don’t know what the hell does he do. Does he play wordle and surf YouTube videos smoking cigars with cliff fletcher? Beats me. But I could undestand dubas to president and shanny out move.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
There are some people on here speculating just that. I’d like to see a house cleaning, but someone has to stay and oversee upcoming extensions. I think bringing in a new gm at this time is just too short of notice with NMC effective July 1.

from MLSE point of view, there are 2 reasons why dubas would be promoted to president and shanahan gets the pink slip. 1) age. Dubas is super young for an exec. And from MLSE perspective, maybe they feel they have invested too much into dubas and letting him go now you endured the learning on the job phase but didn’t enjoy the dubas from learning from those mistakes.

and 2). As much as I’m anti dubas, he tries. 2 phones meme, emotion, doing cap gymnastics (though self inflicted), dubas has shown he is all in. Shanahan, I don’t know what the hell does he do. Does he play wordle and surf YouTube videos smoking cigars with cliff fletcher? Beats me. But I could undestand dubas to president and shanny out move.
Thats the thing, what does Shanny do?

Boby Webster is actually the GM of the Raptors while Masai is the President. It seems like Masai is the one who make trades, signs UFAs, draft, PR....while Webster seems to be a numbers guy and do paper work.

Sharpio and Atkins, you can see Sharpio is all the business side and direction of the Jays while Atkins do all the wheelings and dealings.

Dubas or Lou or Hunter and Dubas before Lou seem to be running the show and Shanny just sits in the background, he will show up at the draft lottery or draft....what does he do? Is Shanny promoting the Leafs and try to market it in Asia? Bc I don't think the Leafs need someone to promote its brand.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Thats the thing, what does Shanny do?

Boby Webster is actually the GM of the Raptors while Masai is the President. It seems like Masai is the one who make trades, signs UFAs, draft, PR....while Webster seems to be a numbers guy and do paper work.

Sharpio and Atkins, you can see Sharpio is all the business side and direction of the Jays while Atkins do all the wheelings and dealings.

Dubas or Lou or Hunter and Dubas before Lou seem to be running the show and Shanny just sits in the background, he will show up at the draft lottery or draft....what does he do? Is Shanny promoting the Leafs and try to market it in Asia? Bc I don't think the Leafs need someone to promote its brand.
With all the AGM’s and personal assistant to the gm (spezza), is a president really needed? Save yourself 5/6 schmill a year MLSE

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Again, Tkachuk wanted out. He was going to be leaving regardless. Calgary was still in a position where they could compete in the West and they returned a player who had 115 prs the previous season and had been well over ppg the previous 3 yrs and a top 4 D man. That's as good a haul as you're going to get unless you decide you're rebuilding.
And it might end as one of the worst trades ever made that looked even.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad