Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
They didn't extend him last summer b/c of lack of results, but they're willing to now?
It's fairly obviously that the lack of results is not a result of lack of effort or support from management.

The pieces were in place, the coach blew it and the players partially blew it(going down 3 games against Florida)

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Careful with spreading fake rumors. Easy to get caught up with - but the stuff on Twitter today is BS Photoshop.

Not to mention the strangest idea floating around is that Larry Tanenbaum of all people is going to play a major role in reshaping decisions. The guys in a minority position by a substantial amount among the ownership group

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
When Dubas leaves I can't wait to be against whoever they bring in. We all know it'll just be another loser. It'll get the racers and the bombers of the forum excited and I can't wait to just be so negative. They better not f*** up a single transaction at any point or it'll be brought up. Again. And again. And again.

And if they win? I'll just celebrate like they did. Win win baby.

• Haha
Reactions: Bomber0104
Sep 18, 2009
I mean
When Dubas leaves I can't wait to be against whoever they bring in. We all know it'll just be another loser. It'll get the racers and the bombers of the forum excited and I can't wait to just be so negative. They better not f*** up a single transaction at any point or it'll be brought up. Again. And again. And again.

yep
doomed curse until not

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
From what I’ve been reading and listening to, Kyle might be the president of the Leafs
Dumbest thing the Leafs could ever do... and given Leafs' history, that's sayin' somethin'.

The president oversees all hockey ops including business, sponsorships, equity, diversity. That is why I think promoting Kyle is probably the more likely decision. Kyle happens to be a exceptional in terms of building an organization. People can argue the on ice product. But the initiatives and departments Kyle has created in combination with community out reach increase in the last few years. I think Kyle is better suited to be a president. Let someone a little more cut throat be the GM and help try to execute his vision.
So is the goal to win Stanley Cups or to be woke?

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Careful with spreading fake rumors. Easy to get caught up with - but the stuff on Twitter today is BS Photoshop.

Not to mention the strangest idea floating around is that Larry Tanenbaum of all people is going to play a major role in reshaping decisions. The guys in a minority position by a substantial amount among the ownership group
I mean I'm sure they consider his input, but you're right of course, this is the Bell/Rogers 75%'s decision to make.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
He'll have input for sure, but I've seen some people act as if he's personally seeking to remake every aspect of the team - which isn't going to happen
Nope. Just not reality. Exists in some world where you don't re-sign Matthews and mean neighbours keep lawn lights on late to keep the Dubas kids awake.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
It's fairly obviously that the lack of results is not a result of lack of effort or support from management.

The pieces were in place, the coach blew it and the players partially blew it(going down 3 games against Florida)
It's a bit strange we have a team of players - and three young superstars - where most can't seem to be ready for playoff hockey. Putting our mgmt pieces together was also drastically unorthodox, and wildly concerning.

As a thought experiment, if we had adult supervision all these years, do you think the outcome for our stars and players could be different?

Also the most important effort and support from mgmt was inserting the coach, who you deemed the primary issue.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Dubas or not, changes to the roster is coming and next playoffs is the report card. Doesn't matter if they win the President Trophy or get in as a WC.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It really is time to get a move on here. If Dubas isn't staying there is a ridiculous amount of work to do before July 1st

- Conduct interviews and hire a new GM
- Fire Keefe and consider replacements
- Allow the GM to come in and make his player assessments
- Determine what you want to do with the core
- Negotiate with AM34 + WN88 (if you want them to stay)
- If the move is to deal a core member you likely want to get it done before July 1st
- Do the draft
- Negotiate with any players you want to stay (e.g. Schenn, Acciari)

MLSE really f***ed this situation up, if they wanted Dubas they should have got this done much earlier. Now we're in the most important offseason in years and don't even have a GM to lead it

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
It really is time to get a move on here. If Dubas isn't staying there is a ridiculous amount of work to do before July 1st

- Conduct interviews and hire a new GM
- Fire Keefe and consider replacements
- Allow the GM to come in and make his player assessments
- Determine what you want to do with the core
- Negotiate with AM34 + WN88 (if you want them to stay)
- If the move is to deal a core member you likely want to get it done before July 1st
- Do the draft
- Negotiate with any players you want to stay (e.g. Schenn, Acciari)

MLSE really f***ed this situation up, if they wanted Dubas they should have got this done much earlier. Now we're in the most important offseason in years and don't even have a GM to lead it
It's not really a ridiculous amount of work. What ridiculous is that no one around has the balls enough to make any big decisions

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022

Your posts are already some of the most negative on this forum. You constantly being negative toward those you see as negative is a form of negativity too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad