Does Chia pet ever get hired again?

Will Chiarelli ever get an NHL GM job again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I say yes. He has a cup and is well respected. He just has to go into an interview and talk about what he learned about the game getting faster and someone will eventually make the mistake of hiring him.
I think it will depend more on how much he can blame on being ordered about or overruled by Katz/Lowe/MacT. I bet guys in front offices know a lot more of the real story than we do. Between what they already know (whatever that is) and what Chia can convince them of, he might find another gig eventually. If the straight poop is Chia had a mostly free hand to do as he pleased, he's done. If there was heavy meddling ( "you have to move Eberle before the season starts", "move hall and get Lucic", or what have you), then he might get another shot.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
All he has to do is tell Melnyk he will cost less than Dorion.... Oh God... I get shivers thinking about that

Reactions: 780il

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The poll answers don't really reflect well on the question... I mean maybe he'll get hired again but at the same time keep him the f*** out of my team.

Reactions: Canada Drai

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
I'd be surprised if he gets another GM job anytime soon, but I'd be almost equally surprised if he doesn't get a consultant or assistant job somewhere.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think he does get hired again. He has won the Cup and some team will be desperate for that at some point in the not too distant future.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think he does, but not before he takes a different role to work his way back first. Thinking 6-8 years down the road.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
As I said in the other similar thread.

Not as a GM but dumpster fire GMs like Ferguson and Dave Nonis landed on their feet after Toronto in lesser roles. I suspect Chia will do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino