Speculation: Does Calgary go after Spencer Knight at the draft

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I'm saying if hes available does CGY pick him up when it's their turn to draft
They are making fun of your typo. Idk tho if he's bpa then sure , goalies take forever to develop so if they have none in their system they should use a couple darts on goalies in different leagues

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I think Calgary will ho after anyone that interests them. I've been to Calgary, it's a good time.

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
They are making fun of your typo. Idk tho if he's bpa then sure , goalies take forever to develop so if they have none in their system they should use a couple darts on goalies in different leagues
Lol just noticed that ...

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
woudlnt any team willing to take Spencer be better off just calling the Habs about Primeau,closer to the nhl and proved hes worth in the ncaa.I know some habs fans see him has Carey's replacement but Price is here until 2025/2026,alot can happen until then.If the habs can land a 1st or descent offer for Primeau i say take it

PS : i know goalies aint worth much but if a team is willing to take Knight with theyre 1st they might be more interested in Cayden Primeau whos also a top goalie prospect

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
If he is there yes, but i do see them drafting a goalie even if he isn't Knight maybe sogaard, ellis or parik with a later pick.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Calgary has spent way too many high picks on bust goalies over the years for me to want to try again.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm saying if hes available does CGY pick him up when it's their turn to draft
He’s an excellent goalie prospect. Problem for Calgary is that he won’t arrive for 3-4 years to take the job.

That’s why they drafted Gillies, MacDonald, and Parsons a few years ago.

Nothing wrong with taking a goalie late in the first. But you should be doing that if you 1) don’t have a good young goalie in the system and 2) your starter is 30.
Due to development time he won’t arrive for around 4 years and not ready for starter for maybe 6 years. That puts your current starter to age 36 which is a nice timing for the transition.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
What happened with Parsons? He was "just as good a prospect as Hart" a few years ago.

He has struggled with mental health issues (depression) since turning pro, and has also had a tough time staying physically healthy as well. His numbers last seasons actually weren't all that bad considering the team he played on.

He needs to remain both physically and mentally healthy. The talent is there.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
As far as Knight goes.. I don't know. It's tough to draft yet another goaltender high up when our all around pool is lacking overall talent.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He has struggled with mental health issues (depression) since turning pro, and has also had a tough time staying physically healthy as well. His numbers last seasons actually weren't all that bad considering the team he played on.

He needs to remain both physically and mentally healthy. The talent is there.
Did not know that....just awful. Hopefully he puts it all together because as you said, he is talented.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I really want Knight. I’m hoping we can also trade a defenceman and bring in another first to draft Leason. Both fill big organizational needs. And adding an overager in Leason who has the physicality helps expedite the process. After the playoffs it showed we needed to add grit to our skilled players. And we’ve needed a top goalie since Kipper retired. Get it done Tre.

Reactions: AustinYYC95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad