Does Bovqist = Makar

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
There's context, so first here me out.

As a Hawks fan, I am not in the camp that Adam Bovqist should be playing with the most valuable defenseman on the Hawks in Duncan Keith during the playoffs.

He was extremely sheltered during his time in the NHL and had alot of moments where he looked like he didn't belong, and I'm a Hawks fan saying this. He was only up in the NHL on account of injuries to Seabrook and CDH.

Now, when I pointed this out, I was met with a comparable that it worked out with Makar last year.

So, I put it to hfb, does Bovqist equal Makar?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He's not Makar, but Chicago doesn't have anything to lose really by seeing what he can do in a bigger role at this point.

Reactions: wetcoast

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Let’s explain what’s actually going on here:

The person that created this thread is pretty much the only Hawks fan you’ll find that somehow wasn’t impressed by Boqvist(which is ridiculous because he looked outstanding for a rookie, and was promoted to the top Dpair and top PP unit)....so now he’s twisting words to try and prove a point. Someone on the Hawks board brought up that Makar played well as a rookie in his first playoff run....not once did anyone say he was already “as good as Makar”, and of course now here he is on the main board creating this ridiculous thread...smh

The REAL debate here has nothing to do with Makar.

The question should be “Does Boqvist deserve to be starting for the Hawks in the playoffs?”

Because the person who made this thread had insisted that he doesn’t. And has said he’d rather have Seabrook or Koekkoek in the lineup instead of Boqvist. It’s an absolute joke.

Just wanted everyone to understand what’s going on.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Read my post above it will answer your question
I did and it provides some context into the poll. But my question was more rhetorical.

Boqvist is a fine young defenseman but Makar is trending toward superstar territory. Not need to bring him into the equation, since it's not a valid comparison.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Let’s explain what’s actually going on here:

The person that created this thread is pretty much the only Hawks fan you’ll find that somehow wasn’t impressed by Boqvist(which is ridiculous because he looked outstanding for a rookie, and was promoted to the top Dpair and top PP unit)....so now he’s twisting words to try and prove a point. Someone on the Hawks board brought up that Makar played well as a rookie in his first playoff run....not once did anyone say he was already “as good as Makar”, and of course now here he is on the main board creating this ridiculous thread...smh

The REAL debate here has nothing to do with Makar.

The question should be “Does Boqvist deserve to be starting for the Hawks in the playoffs?”

Because the person who made this thread had insisted that he doesn’t. And has said he’d rather have Seabrook or Koekkoek in the lineup instead of Boqvist. It’s an absolute joke.

Just wanted everyone to understand what’s going on.

Pretty much what I figured the oroginal point was. Makar was used as an example of talent over experience being the right decision for a playoff roster, Boqvist wasn't being called as good as Makar. McAvoy is another example that worked for the Bruins a couple years ago. The '10-'15 Hawks maybe don't play Boqvist much, but there's no reason not to try him now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes of course he's Makar.

Only in this case he's not an instant superstar, he's a flawed rookie that will have to go in the lineup because the Hawks need a hail-mary if they're going to win with that D-group. A little bit different.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't know who Boqvist is

Cale Makar walked into a team in the playoffs last year who put out a division winner in five games. He's been better in his first full season, and it's clear he's still nowhere near his full potential. Does that answer your question?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I did and it provides some context into the poll. But my question was more rhetorical.

Boqvist is a fine young defenseman but Makar is trending toward superstar territory. Not need to bring him into the equation, since it's not a valid comparison.
Yes, there was a comparison.

Bovqist will be a good defenseman in a couple years, but Makar is a superstar. There's a reason why Makar was amazing in the playoffs and carried over into the regular season, he's just on another level of talent then Bovqist and a few Hawks fans think Bovqist can miraculously pull a Makar in this year's playoffs for no other reason then just because.

The poll numbers prove my point.

GG guys :D

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yes, there was a comparison.

Bovqist will be a good defenseman in a couple years, but Makar is a superstar. There's a reason why Makar was amazing in the playoffs and carried over into the regular season, he's just on another level of talent then Bovqist and a few Hawks fans think Bovqist can miraculously pull a Makar in this year's playoffs for no other reason then just because.

The poll numbers prove my point.

GG guys :D

Dude wtf are u talking about? Show me where/quote a single Hawks fan that has said Boqvist can equal Makar’s performance in last years playoffs...

You’re making shit up.

All that was ever said is that Boqvist, given the options they have, deserves to be one of the 6 defenseman starting for this current Hawks team. You’re the one insisting it should be Koekkoek or Seabrook(if healthy) instead.

How about you make a poll called “Who should the Hawks start in the playoffs: Boqvist or Koekkoek/Seabrook”

Please. I’d love to see the results.

Reactions: ClydeLee

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't know who Boqvist is

Cale Makar walked into a team in the playoffs last year who put out a division winner in five games. He's been better in his first full season, and it's clear he's still nowhere near his full potential. Does that answer your question?

Yeah but that same team also lost to the Sharks soo.....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Really KBIB?

We're comparing Boqvist to Makar in a "their both young but deserving of post season play", not a "Boqvist is as good as Makar" way. This was already explained to you.

You've again shown yourself as an ass. Congrats.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m not entirely sure what you mean by the question.

I’d prefer a less demeaning option than, “Lol no” but seeing as I can’t pick, “yes of course” I’ll have to select the former.

I like Boqvist and I think he’s going to be a foundational player for Chicago. I’m not sure he has Makar’s top-end gear, but he’s got a lot of skill. I think he’ll be one of the better defenceman of the D in his age range.

As for your question about how to play him in the playoffs. What does Chicago have to loose? I’d play him 20 minutes a night and see if he can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad