Does Bernier accept invite to World Championships?

81Reasons

Nov 21, 2013
:help:

The numbers do not support your statement and he has not been that bad at all. His save% is right there with quick, miller, hillier and several other upper end goalies. When you face more rubber than anyone else you will be hard pressed to have a league leading goals against average.

Some of our fans just have super human expectations sometimes.

That Riemer bit was pretty funny. Not sure how you Riemer lovers keep yourselves motivated , he is not better than Bernier, there are no stats to suggest he is, and anyone who watches them play will see Bernier is calmer, has better rebound control, better puck handling, better glove hand and so on. James is a nice guy and I think most of us like him as a person but I just do not see how anyone can claim he is better than Bernier.

saying it does not make it so! last night against the Oilers his glove hand was atrocious.....other games as well. This is not even his biggest issue...his concentration (especially early in games) is very concerning and let be honest that is not something that you can practice, you either have it or you don't.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does he even want to stay? To play like this, with no real body of work to negotiate a raise with is dangerous. More and more one has to wonder, if he will even be back. If this is a true rebuild(gulp) you can only dream how bad that defense will be for years, and Bernier may not really be a number one guys.How many hot then cold goalies have we seen?

Someone said let him walk, and they may right.

He's not Patrick Roy. I don't see him at a stage in his career where he just decides to be a starter somewhere else.

One thing that kind of annoys me about Bernier is the way people actually worry about whether he wants to be here. Seems to stem from the fact that he carries himself in a precious way and seems wound up very tightly. I get a vibe like he's not one of the boys sort of thing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The only thing separating Bernier and Reimer is Nonis's ego.

Actually he's a lot better than Reimer, by every objective measure. That may not be good enough in the end, but he's still better than Reimer.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
saying it does not make it so! last night against the Oilers his glove hand was atrocious.....other games as well. This is not even his biggest issue...his concentration (especially early in games) is very concerning and let be honest that is not something that you can practice, you either have it or you don't.

Reality makes it so, want to do a poll on who has the better glove ? No one is denying he has not played very badly of late but that does not define him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He and Reimer were picked already 2 years ago, and we finished 6th that Worlds. I don't know. Either way I am indifferent.

81Reasons

Nov 21, 2013
Reality makes it so, want to do a poll on who has the better glove ? No one is denying he has not played very badly of late but that does not define him.

it may be better, but it is not stellar is what I am getting at. Reimer by a lot of fan accounts is horrible, no chance of ever being a #1, yet Berniers numbers this year are only marginally better than Reimer even though he has the advantage of playing on a regular basis. Why people feel Bernier is so great just because he supplanted Reimer is really funny. It's like comparing a Corolla vs Civic....maybe the Honda Civic wins out but does that mean it's now on par with BMW's?

Also if the roles were reversed and Bernier played once every 2 or 3 weeks would his concentration (sharpness) issues be better or worse?

Sure we could poll the glove hand and we could also poll which goalie is mentally tougher?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
it may be better, but it is not stellar is what I am getting at. Reimer by a lot of fan accounts is horrible, no chance of ever being a #1, yet Berniers numbers this year are only marginally better than Reimer even though he has the advantage of playing on a regular basis. Why people feel Bernier is so great just because he supplanted Reimer is really funny. It's like comparing a Corolla vs Civic....maybe the Honda Civic wins out but does that mean it's now on par with BMW's?

Also if the roles were reversed and Bernier played once every 2 or 3 weeks would his concentration (sharpness) issues be better or worse?

Sure we could poll the glove hand and we could also poll which goalie is mentally tougher?

Lol we could. Truth be told I think both of them are probably going to need therapy after this season.

Wendigo

Nov 27, 2013
how is Reimer better mentally? wasn't he the guy last year who got rattled by his coach simply stating that he was "Just ok"?

Bernier gets rattled anytime he let's in a weak goal. Beginning of the season he stated that having his newborn (congrats!) was taking him off his game. He's been quoted as stating that when the crowd booed he was rattled. I'd say booing is pretty common in this league. Going to be a long road if he can't cope with that in Toronto.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Bernier may have to worry about going full Toskala. There is no chance he gets asked to play on any World Championship team after this season.
Reimer > Bernier.

Wait, didnt Reimer get beat out for the #1 job last year at the WC by Scrivens? :laugh:

In no world is Reimber > Bernier...unless youre not talking about goaltending...

AND, AND, AND! Im a HUGE Reimer fan! Love the guy! But yeah...no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad