Does anyone remember this?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
A few years ago I remember a story about a pair of youth hockey players from Ontario whose families tried to get them onto a prestigeous team somewhere in the Toronto area, and actually took the league to court to allow their sons to cross the boundries and play on that team.

At least it was something like that.

Does anyone remember the names of those kids, and if anything ever came of their ridiculously over-zealous campaign (are they even old enough for the OHL yet, and if they are are they of any consequence in the league)? I'm trying to collect a bunch of stories about crazy hockey parents that aren't just parents assaulting coaches or each other at games, and I already found my other favorite story (the dad who sued because his kid didn't win MVP), but I don't remember enough about this case to feed info into google.

Thanks.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i don't remember the main story you are talking about, but i do remember the other one you mention, where the father sued the league because his son didn't win MVP. in fact, i knew the kid that did win that particular MVP award, his name was Lucas Martin.

I don't remember how the lawsuit ended (it was for 300 grand in psychological damages and such), i believe it got thrown out (at least it should have), but anyways, the Croteau kid who lost the MVP ended up quitting hockey and his father ended up buying him a brand new car in the end.

there was a story fairly recently (within the last year i think) about a couple of girls on a high school team that were dominating their league and wanted to join the boys team but they weren't allowed. i believe this went to court and the whole shebang. i think it was in ontario.

Bryzga lol*

unrelated, but you might be able to use this too...I remember a story about a mother from Québec (i believe it was Sherbrooke) sued the coach because her son (a goalie) didn't play in the playoffs because the other goalie was better. The coach ended up winning in court.

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
i don't remember the main story you are talking about, but i do remember the other one you mention, where the father sued the league because his son didn't win MVP. in fact, i knew the kid that did win that particular MVP award, his name was Lucas Martin.

I don't remember how the lawsuit ended (it was for 300 grand in psychological damages and such), i believe it got thrown out (at least it should have), but anyways, the Croteau kid who lost the MVP ended up quitting hockey and his father ended up buying him a brand new car in the end.

there was a story fairly recently (within the last year i think) about a couple of girls on a high school team that were dominating their league and wanted to join the boys team but they weren't allowed. i believe this went to court and the whole shebang. i think it was in ontario.

the girls story you are talking about was from winnipeg, it was two sisters amy and jesse pasternak who tried out for the west kildonan boys hockey team, but were not good enough to stick on the roster

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
the girls story you are talking about was from winnipeg, it was two sisters amy and jesse pasternak who tried out for the west kildonan boys hockey team, but were not good enough to stick on the roster

some like this happened too.... --> all the boys put in requests to play on girls teams, and if they werent allowed they were going to take it to court or something? so i dont think the girls ended up playing lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad