HF Habs: Does anyone here think Bergevin truly has a plan to fix this team?

Is there a plan?

• Total voters

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Exactly. Be scared. He’s going to be like a wounded animal!
Nah if he botches this off season then I will have a friend message me when and only when MB is fired. If this team doesn't care about righting the ship, then I won't either. It's Molson's team. Not mine. It is his prerogative to lose every season with MB while still collecting profits because it's the Habs and it's my prerogative to move on.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Bergevin's masterplan leaked to the media:

zgyekt8.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm surprised at some of the responses. They're quite flattering to The Idiot. Some of you actually think he has a plan but is incapable of executing it. I don't want to rain on your parade but this GM is unable to understand a plan even if you draw him pictures.

Just look at his moves. Those are not the moves of a GM with a plan.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin's original plan was to build through the draft. That was 6 years ago and he failed MISERABLY at that. We have s*** all in the farm system. And the one blue chip player we did have was traded for a winger that MB tried to switch to centre.
Also a weird trade because Drouin is definitely not known as a karakter player.
What do you know? He's a game changer:sarcasm:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm surprised at some of the responses. They're quite flattering to The Idiot. Some of you actually think he has a plan but is incapable of executing it. I don't want to rain on your parade but this GM is unable to understand a plan even if you draw him pictures.

Just look at his moves. Those are not the moves of a GM with a plan.
He has in the past, admitted when he has fell short of signing someone, that there was no plan B.......on seceral occasions this has happened. The biggest moronic statement for me, was when he said he did not believe in windows of opportunity, that for me, was the signal he had no idea on how to do his job, properly.

His moves on a go forward, scare the crap out of me.........I think he just might be able to do more damage to the team...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
How are we supposed to believe that his new plan will work better than the previous one?

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
The plan is to trade Pacioretty for a young centre and a first. Draft an impact player with our first pick and another hopeful with the acquired pick along with something good with all the many other picks we have. Then rid ourselves of a terrible contract like alzner hopefully and use all the cap space we have to bring in an impact forward. Hopefully John Tavares

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The 1st problem with MB's plan.....is that you need plans.
One plan isn't enough. Not in this league, not with the holes on this team.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The plan was to build through the draft.

After 6 drafts with this regime, results seem mediocre at best.

The scariest part is how much good young talent has been accumulated by the other teams in the division.

If the plan is unchanged from 6 years ago and they are going forward with the same people in place then it`s pretty hard to have faith in.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I know this poll was made with a lot of sarcasm but my opinion on this is that Bergy is sticking to his guns and his 'flair' and built this tire fire with his putrid draft picks and moves for character. I don't think he'll stop though, making bad decisions that is. The damage will be irreversible if they don't get a Franchise pick next draft, (à la Galchenyuk, good pick but not a Franchise level player), Habs are going to be bad for a while.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every summer, we move the goalposts for him, only to be more disappointed than last year, and the year before, and the year before............and so on...
Fire dat guy Geoff!! Put us all out of our misery...

I can't wait for the day when we'll hold celebratory threads announcing multiple firings within the Habs org:

Bergevin
Lefebvre
André Lacroix :sarcasm:
The rest of his friends in management, the crusty dinosaurs who are living in another era.

I will personally drive to the BC and help Habs staff throw out all of Bergevin's hair gels, purple accessories and dumb-ass scouting reports that he will have left behind.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Exactly. Be scared. He’s going to be like a wounded animal!

This is what worries me; He says get younger, get faster, and get character players, but he’s in make this team competitive now mode and he’ll end up handcuffing the team even worse than he already has for years down the road.

I see more bad FA signings ahead, and, potentially, bad draft day trades.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

WG

Sep 9, 2008

The scariest part is how much good young talent has been accumulated by the other teams in the division.

If the plan is unchanged from 6 years ago and they are going forward with the same people in place then it`s pretty hard to have faith in.
There was only ever one pillar to the plan. Bergy came from the Blackhawks. Their recipe: suck for many years, crater, draft some HOF caliber players with top picks and then go from there.

Bergy came in drafting #3OV, I'm sure when he said 'build through the draft' he meant pick more guys at the top of the draft for a couple more years and then profit. It was a 'plan' that the most moronic of morons could have come up with.

But the team wasn't as bad as that, so since year 1 the 'plan' about 'building through the draft' meant picking 25th every year and handing these decent-but-not-great prospects over to the most shambolic crew of coaching and development personnel one could assemble.

Next up is for Montreal to win the draft lotto and we'll see Bergy as smug as Tambellini when he won the lotto. "See Geoff, my plan worked to perfection! Can I get another extension, now?"

tambellini1.jpg

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018

The results are not mediocre .... they are abysmal. We don't have ANY top line talent coming up. Our best hope is Poehling and his cap is probably 2nd line.
No top D, no top C, no top F.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
oh sure he has a plan... he wants to be at the beach with a nice view on the ocean thats vision allright! give the guy a break he can only "try" to execute one plan at the time if it doesnt work he can always do it in the next window of opportunity.

he is a good guy at the right place after all he confessed it to the media already. lol

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The results are not mediocre .... they are abysmal. We don't have ANY top line talent coming up. Our best hope is Poehling and his cap is probably 2nd line.
No top D, no top C, no top F.

It depends. You either count Sergachev or guy he was traded for(Drouin) both have 1st line potential.

There's Galchenyuk as a top 6. Hudon, Lekhonen and others as supporting cast.

Problem is it thins out really fast. Not impressive.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Does he have a plan? Of course he does. Problem is his plan probably involves luck (lottery/ UFA signing in MTL) and/or other GMs as well. Easy to think i'll trade that guy for that guy. But if the other GM says no, your plan goes down the drain. Anyway this team is suffering from cancer and fans are giving MB only till september to fix this team. It's impossible to cure cancer with bandaids. This team needs a complete rebuild to be a contender. I have no confidence in MB to do so. He lost his last 2 major trades by a fair margin. Didn't sign Radu/Markov and offered Lucic and Bonino more money than they signed for. Alzner/Price/Shaw/Petry contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad