OT: Does anyone here have access to the St. Paul Pioneer Press archives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinsell

May 11, 2007
I figured I would ask this here because the likelihood is higher.

I am trying to access some sort of archive for the St. Paul Pioneer Press. I am not a resident of Minnesota (I live in Vancouver) and I have been unable to find any place online to access it. I have no trouble accessing the Minneapolis Star Tribune off of newspapers.com

I am actually trying to get a hold of some articles from the February 22, 1990 edition of the St. Paul Pioneer Press Dispatch. This is for a research project on the Minnesota North Stars.

If anyone has access to the St. Paul Pioneer Press or at least the February 22, 1990 edition, please let me know. It would be tremendously helpful to my research.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
From what I can gather the only way to access papers that old is to visit the MN historical society building. It looks like they are on microfilm only.

Jinsell

May 11, 2007
From what I can gather the only way to access papers that old is to visit the MN historical society building. It looks like they are on microfilm only.

Thanks for the reply. After some online investigation, it looks like the newspaper can be accessed online through the St. Paul Public Library or the Hennepin County Library. The archives date back to 1988 as well. The links are below:

Newspapers

Saint Paul Pioneer Press - Hennepin County Library

I guess my question now is, is anyone on here a patron at one of these two libraries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad