NFL: Does anyone have an argument against Wilson for MVP at this point?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Just seems like such an obvious choice this year. Jackson, Rodgers, Watson, McCaffery and Cook may get a bit of love, but I don't see anyone else on Wilson's level at this point.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Yes, McCaffery and Watson do imo. But I would give it to Wilson right now. Before that disaster on Sunday I would have given it to Rodgers.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'd give it to Wilson right now. But there are certainly other players who are worthy of consideration as well.

Things can change quickly. A couple bad weeks from Wilson, or just the Seahawks themselves and they could be outside of the playoffs. Can't imagine a MVP not making the playoffs in the NFL.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Wilson absolutely should be the MVP regardless, but the Seahawks miss the playoffs and one of Baltimore/Houston gets a playoff bye I think there's a chance it'll go to one of those two quarterbacks.

I just can't really see a runningback getting it, as incredible as McCaffrey is. He should definitely be in OPOTY contention though.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Wilson will most likely win MVP but there is still a 2nd half of the season to be played he's a fair bit ahead of both Watson and McCaffrey.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
One could argue the Seahawks haven't beaten a top team yet. They lost to the Saints at home with Teddy taking snaps and Lavar got the best of him in their matchup this year.

I'd still give it to him at the moment though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad