Speculation: Does anyone have 2nd thoughts/change of heart about Mrazek?

Does anyone have second thoughts about Mrazek?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
I was reading and following with great interest until the expected goals comment. Is that even a real thing
Who decides how many goals should be expected?
I have lost total interest in baseball & football because it's a numbers/stats game. Hockey is becoming like that as well and I sense many more think the same as I do with regards to stats. They do not beat the eye/heart/determination test....no stat does. I am very quickly losing interest in hockey in general and specifically in the overpaid, underperforming, carefree leafs with a coach, gm & Pres as their best friends. I grew up watching the Imlach Leafs..
when players would give their all or they were gone. Today's game is sad.....

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I would like to select the following option:

Bad signing when it happened, average goaltender who is often injured. If Campbell is your guy and has a solid year, his agent uses the contract as a starting point to try and get Jack a $5M + per year deal at minimum.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Bad signing when it happened, average goaltender who is often injured. If Campbell is your guy and has a solid year, his agent uses the contract as a starting point to try and get Jack a $5M + per year deal at minimum.
number of years? I suggest a much lower caphit 2.5 and give him an 8 year security.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

While I agree with you assessment of Mrazek, Jack is not a 5 million dollar goalie and is not a SC winning goalie IMO. He is Andersen 2.0 but worse IMO. If we had the Canes D he would look amazing but in front of our D and forward group he will be a good but not great because he will always let in a softie. We should have tried to get the Goalie the Wings grabbed. Extended Campbell at 2.5-3 per for three years and give the kid a 2 year extension the sign long term if he becomes an everyday starter.

Reactions: Brown Dog

kb

Aug 28, 2009
he's literally played 2 games how about we all back away from the ledge and let the guy get settled before we start the bus to toss him under...good god guys
Lol.....yup.

Why wait when you can 'hot take' and panic now though? Be "ahead of the curve" on whining.

That seems to be the race in every thread.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
he's literally played 2 games how about we all back away from the ledge and let the guy get settled before we start the bus to toss him under...good god guys

I'm not worried about Mrazek, I think he'll be a fine backup. The question is why pay a backup or 1B so much (and more specifically for so much term) with Jack needing a raise and new deal next year?

Unless they're not planning to retain Jack and give the majority of starts to Mrazek. Now that I would have a problem with!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Will need at least 5-10 games to get a firmer opinion on the guy.

No player can show you everything they got after just a couple games, especially spread out

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He better than Hutch but has been a hot mess in both games he has played this year. He can be better.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not worried about Mrazek, I think he'll be a fine backup. The question is why pay a backup or 1B so much (and more specifically for so much term) with Jack needing a raise and new deal next year?

Unless they're not planning to retain Jack and give the majority of starts to Mrazek. Now that I would have a problem with!
With how soft the goalie market is in the upcoming off-season mrazek gives the team insurance incase Campbell falters or prices himself out of town, you know you have a guy that can give you 40ish games of good play, and if you need to pay Campbell you can move mrazek and give Jack his raise from there. it’s way to early to question a guy who’s played one full game in the pipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018

Screw you Dubas and Leafs management........I work in finance and am just a die hard fan. It was so obvious to some of us that are not paid/employed by an NHL team.

Lol.....yup.

Why wait when you can 'hot take' and panic now though? Be "ahead of the curve" on whining.

That seems to be the race in every thread.
You nailed it......it was all "hot takes". Who could have predicated how the Mrazek signing would play out. Good job Kyle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad