Does anyone else, find this as funny as I do? (playoff officiating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
That San Jose series... I feel like im the only one who watched it as it seems to just never be talked about. The league completely buried it as deep as they could in the filing room. Some players ***** up, but we still should have seen 6-7 games.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
What bothers me is the Refs saying "we dont want to decide the game by calling a penalty" Dont they realize that by doing nothing, they are fricking deciding the game by allowing a team to cheat? Grow a pair and call the damn penalty. It is their job and literally what they are paid for.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
its part of sports.
be so good the refs literally lose their jobs for trying to gift the other team the game.

ken hitchcock said it in the 1st round

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That San Jose series... I feel like im the only one who watched it as it seems to just never be talked about. The league completely buried it as deep as they could in the filing room. Some players ***** up, but we still should have seen 6-7 games.

2011 upsets me more, but yeah, that was a complete hatchet job. Never seen anything so one-sided ... basically made the series unwinnable. Was like watching one team get called by 2006 obstruction rules and the other by 2016 rules.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
What a whine fest. Most embarrassing thread on this board to date. It's all the refs fault the Canucks got knocked around like little sissys in all of those mentioned series. Playoffs have always been a different animal than regular season. Our group was being led by "regular season players". As one poster mentioned the Canucks mental toughness during those years was abysmal. Championship teams play through adversity. Losing teams make excuses from adversity, and they blow leads, choke, and fold up and die. Its time for this fan base to quit making excuses for the fact our team has choked when it counted the most time, and again. There's no accountability in Vancouver for players who continually go missing when the playoffs start. We're too busy making excuses for them, and blaming the freaking refs!! They are our heroes, because they were great in the regular season (when nobody was trying to hit them)

Tikhonov

kane.jpg
Jan 24, 2010
What a whine fest. Most embarrassing thread on this board to date. It's all the refs fault the Canucks got knocked around like little sissys in all of those mentioned series. Playoffs have always been a different animal than regular season. Our group was being led by "regular season players". As one poster mentioned the Canucks mental toughness during those years was abysmal. Championship teams play through adversity. Losing teams make excuses from adversity, and they blow leads, choke, and fold up and die. Its time for this fan base to quit making excuses for the fact our team has choked when it counted the most time, and again. There's no accountability in Vancouver for players who continually go missing when the playoffs start. We're too busy making excuses for them, and blaming the freaking refs!! They are our heroes, because they were great in the regular season (when nobody was trying to hit them)

100%

5 years later and the fanbase still can't let it go

i'm more concerned about the Benning regime.. supremely concerned

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Making up stories is fun.

vannuckles

DieBettmanDie
Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C

Your opinion........those calls were ridiculous. You might not mind watching two different sets of rules being played, and truly messed up suspensions or lack there of, in this league. I am not too passive on the lopsided treatment myself. I can not watch BS calls go on for an entire series and not be pissed.

Next you are going to say that Burrows did not get any "special" treatment from the refs, because of the Auger incident.

The reason I posted this, was to have a chuckle that Frasier came out and said what he did/when he did. It was never meant as a "whining" topic, more of an obvious problem plaguing this sport being brought up, by part of the problem.

Sorry to offend you Sir Digger....

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
"Playoff Officiating" cost the Canucks two Stanley Cups.

Lol - who is to say the Canucks would have even been in the finals if the "playoff officiating" phenomenon didn't take place? Maybe the WCE era Canucks would have won a Cup, but the three actual finals teams wouldn't have had a sniff.

Also, everyone has always known officiating changes in the playoffs. The widely known reality of the sport of hockey, as well as the Islanders, Rangers and Bruins, cost the Canucks their Stanley Cups.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Next you are going to say that Burrows did not get any "special" treatment from the refs, because of the Auger incident.

Guys like Burrows, Torres, Cooke, Downie, Carcillo, Avery, Marchment, etc etc etc, have all made considerable efforts to earn the "special" treatment they receive. Refs aren't big fans of pest antics, or limited icetime players whose game revolves entirely around reckless/malicious acts - another widely known reality of the sport of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad