Does anyone else feel sorry for Vegas or their fans?

Does anyone else feel sorry for Vegas or their fans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know that the 5:00 major against Vegas was the wrong call, however if you take that out of consideration for a moment does anyone really feel sorry for Vegas or their fans? They were an expansion team who made the Stanley Cup Final in their first season and in their second season they had a controversial call go against them.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Vegas puke forget this contending nonsense. This team as constructed will never win a Cup.

They were gifted a running start in the prospects department, and already traded away a 1st rd pick, Suzuki, and another prospect drafted in the first round. Giving up too much future IMO.

Vegas has a bunch of decent second liners and several good 2/3 D on good deals that are worth a fair bit to teams. They could recoup a couple 1st picks or prospects that were drafted high and build around their core young guys like Glass and Tuch.

Fans are behind them and the fan base could take it but IMO that’s the only way mcPhee ever brings a Cup to Nevada.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
No. Bad calls are made all the time. Eakin got allowed an obviously high sticked goal the period before. And no team that gets pumped for 4 goals on a 5 minute powerplay is a contender (or blow 301 series leads). If this miscalled didnt sink them, another one in a different series would have

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Yes they got absolutely shafted, refs need to get their heads out of their asses. But cant f***ing give up 4 on a pk

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No. Not voting, because neither option is close to why.

We got screwed in game 2. They got away with a few egregious non-calls. That Eakin goal was a high touch. I agree that the Pavelski one was a bad call. The result likely determined the call.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Oh yeah. If Buffalo was in the same situation yesterday and had that call lose them the series I would have lost my mind

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not a f***ing chance.

Bad calls happen, even within the same series the opposition had legitimate gripes. There's no excuse for choking away a 3-1 series lead and putting yourself in a position where you lose a 3-0 game 7 lead.

To blame it on the refs completely removes personal accountability, but hey, that's a theme with the VGK organization, so you reap what you sow. Fun to see them on the other side of controversial reffing and them blowing a gasket after all the times it's happened in reverse :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad