Does 104.3 The Fan even like hockey?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Arena football is about 15th in importance behind NCAA hockey, high school sports, etc. Why does this surprise you? It's clear that the big 4 are the top 4 with the Broncos taking #1 rather easily. Just because it's not what you want, doesn't mean it's not what the city as a whole wants.

Arena football? What are you talking about?

The Mammoth and Outlaws play lacrosse. And I wasn't complaining about the big four getting more attention, I was complaining that a minor league hockey team which regularly draws sub-4,000 crowds gets more attention than a lacrosse team that has averaged ~15,000 fans per game for 12 consecutive seasons. You don't draw that many fans for that long by accident; there is clearly demand for lacrosse in Denver. DU is one of the top tier college programs in the country, the Outlaws regularly lead the MLL in attendance, and the Mammoth regularly lead the NLL in attendance.

Clearly there are many more Mammoth than Cutthroats fans in Denver, yet the Cutthroats get more play.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
And I'll never forget Hartley talking about Hejduk's "magical 'ands". Those were the days.
Hartley going on Moser and Jim Ryan's radio show and promising to show up post game that night and beat Moser at bubble Hockey...then actually doing it will forever be my top highlight.

But yeah they've gotten a lot better with the Hockey except for Drew and Scott. Although that might change since Sandy is joining that show and his timeslot is being given to Dan Patrick.

The interview Al and Dmac had with Dutcy today was especially great.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005
They'll be back into heavier coverage as the Avs start winning more. In the '90s/early 2000s the Fan was absolutely awesome covering the Avs. Moser was a host in the afternoons, then moved to the morning with Mike Evans for a few years before he got the color gig on the radio. Before that, Sandy Clough was on with Evans and those two talked hockey all the time, and both really know their hockey, especially Sandy. They had Bob Hartley on for a weekly show that was great. They'll ramp up as the team gets more successful.

LOL, I still can hear Bob Hartley and his accent on that show always talking about Milan Hejduk and his "magical hands".

When Evans and Clough were together they talked a ton of of Avalanche hockey. Those were the days.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Hartley going on Moser and Jim Ryan's radio show and promising to show up post game that night and beat Moser at bubble Hockey...then actually doing it will forever be my top highlight.

But yeah they've gotten a lot better with the Hockey except for Drew and Scott. Although that might change since Sandy is joining that show and his timeslot is being given to Dan Patrick.

The interview Al and Dmac had with Dutcy today was especially great.

I agree about the interview. Big Al and Dmac always do good interviews. I liked how they asked him about the scratch and such, too. You can always count on Dmac to go there

Mant*

What irks me is that the Avs are no longer on 850 KOA. The fan doesn't have a full time affiliate station in Colorado Springs, so a lot of the time I wouldn't even get radio broadcasts of the games. Right after the move to the fan, it was like half a season before they even had a single radio broadcast of a game down here.

Now, even if the fan has extra Avs stuff that happens outside of a game broadcast, we won't hear it here at all. Avs ****ed up by going with a Denver station... it's the COLORADO Avalanche, not the MetroDenver Avalanche.

Irked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad