Post-Game Talk (GBU): Doan is a four letter word in Buffalo

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
G-
Girgensons getting the game winner. Good for him.
Miller was pretty solid
Myers, Ennis, and Ruhwedel stood out
Ott major pest
Flynn was noticeable

B-
Hodgson taking penalties
Moulson getting injured
The Doan slash
Didn't like McBain tonight. A lot of ice time but seemed rather invisible to me

U-
Ref getting hit in the face
2 pts ... Ugh.

Did I read it right that Flynn outworked 4 'Yotes before feeding Girg the puck for the gamewinner? I'm yet to check out the footage.

Doan sounded rather miffed at his team, I liked the post game passion from the captain, dont know about on ice performance.

Surely unless it's a PP you really want McBain invisible, his never going to be a 5 on 5 beast, more of a PP expert. Might have missed something but that was my read anyway.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Several teams have been interested in Moulson and we likely would have received a nice return. Now we will get nothing. Tim Murray drags his feet on making a deal and now it is going to bite him in the ass. Tim Murray's first major event as Sabres GM, waiting to long to trade Moulson and getting nothing for him. Sounds like we have a winner.

What are you talking about? Dragging feet? There's over a month left until the trade deadline!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Several teams have been interested in Moulson and we likely would have received a nice return. Now we will get nothing. Tim Murray drags his feet on making a deal and now it is going to bite him in the ass. Tim Murray's first major event as Sabres GM, waiting to long to trade Moulson and getting nothing for him. Sounds like we have a winner.

Oh great powerful Zod, please tell us who will get injured next so that we can plan accordingly.

Not even a month in the new job and we already have people complaining about the GM not making moves :shakehead

JRyan154

Oct 19, 2006

Yeah, because waiting a month before the trade deadline to trade someone is really dragging their feet. Who could have predicted this would have happened? And now you're saying he's a bad GM when he's been in the position for about a month? Give me a break.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
This could either be a slight blessing or a total disaster.

The timing isn't awful as he'll have 5 weeks to heal before the deadline. If he's close to returning by then, we should be able to deal him no problem.

If it's a longer term, or teams get scared off, you stand at least a decent chance of resigning him. Not a bad guy to have around during a rebuild

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If it was Vanek that was hurt, I'd be pissed. But since we already got a nice return for our UFA, this doesnt bother me. Any return for Moulson would've been icing on the cake.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
G: Girgensens was a monster! Love this kid!
I thought Myers looked pretty good.
Ennis impressed me.

B: Hodgson getting a hatty of penalties. Though the second one was a weak call, imo.
The ref taking a puck to the face, bleeding all over, and the ice crew leaving the trail there. Pretty gross.

U: I fell asleep halfway through the third. I am getting old.
Moulson taking a slash and losing all trade value. It helps the tank, but, unless he recovers by trade deadline, we won't get much for him now.
Doan.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It's a win win if he is hurt long tem it forces them to sign him long term, if he can comeback by the deadline then maybe we trade him. I think it's the hockey gods trying to tell us we have something and they are preventing us from getting rid of it.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
It's a win win if he is hurt long tem it forces them to sign him long term, if he can comeback by the deadline then maybe we trade him. I think it's the hockey gods trying to tell us we have something and they are preventing us from getting rid of it.

Yes sir. Im all in for re-signing Matty Moul

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

Or it could just be the hockey gods crapping all over the Sabres again. :laugh:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

Lmfao

vdubs90

Jan 17, 2014

Haha what? There has been literally no reports to suggest Murray has received any firm offers for Moulson or any other pending UFAs. "Dragging his feet?" It's still ****ing January dude. GM's wait until the deadline to make moves for precisely this reason.

Man, there are some dumb fans out there.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
All 3 penalties on Hodgson were ticky tacky. Then they miss a slash that injured Moulson and a high stick on Ennis which put him out for his shift as well.

Girgensons goal also reminded me of Hecht, he was always shooting the puck one handed.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Several teams have been interested in Moulson and we likely would have received a nice return.
No firm offers from any of these "several teams." The only names i have seen thrown around were the Kings and the Sens, but obviously never made a firm offer.

Now we will get nothing. Tim Murray drags his feet on making a deal and now it is going to bite him in the ass.
Who says we'll get nothing? Only January. Keep calm. Worst case scenario, we re-sign him.

Tim Murray's first major event as Sabres GM, waiting to long to trade Moulson and getting nothing for him.
First major even as a Sabres GM? I think maybe we disagree on the definition of "major event." Trading Miller would be a major event. Moulson is good, but he is a player teams want to compliment stars and give them depth for a playoff run. Far from major and more like run of the mill.

Sounds like we have a winner.
I think we do have a winner. I love the way TM handled the Girgorenko debacle. I also love the way he handles the media and interviews. He is blunt and doesn't mess around. I think he is going to prove his value to this organization once he does make a trade and some roster moves.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Slashed on the arm by Doan. He was in a lot of pain. I think the fear is broken wrist/arm.
He was slashed on his right side, but his left shoulder went into the boards awkwardly. I worry about shoulder and collarbone most. When he was laid out in the hallway it looked like he was propping himself up with his right arm.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
He was slashed on his right side, but his left shoulder went into the boards awkwardly. I worry about shoulder and collarbone most. When he was laid out in the hallway it looked like he was propping himself up with his right arm.

It came from his right side but I think it hit his left wrist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad