Doan, 400th goal in 1500th game

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
The Coyotes are lucky to have him. He could have bailed a long time ago but he has stuck it out there through some hard times. Congrats to him.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
Please don't turn a thread celebrating this achievement into a place to air your grievances, start a second thread if you can't control yourself

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
I've been a fan of his since his rookie season long long ago! Great night for him and his family to celebrate two huge milestones!

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
Cool milestone synchronicity.

He's a piece of **** that enjoys losing.

While I don't think he plays much of a "classy" game, he seems like a decent person from interviews and the fact that you call him a piece of **** just shows that he plays an effective game. The losing part might actually be true, he is at least is indifferent to it. He did an interview with the overdrive guys in Toronto yesterday and was cracking jokes about how the only reason he was still playing is because the yotes are not very good and are alright with him still cruising around out there. It was really funny, but doesn't strike me as something you want one of your teams players saying. Really shows what playing in a southern market is like, if a Leaf player said something like that the media would hound him about it.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
THE biggest loser in the NHL.

It's sad that an NHL franchise trying to maintain relevancy and work it's way up the standings continues to call this guy their captain.

I guess it explains why they make no progression game- to-game, season-to-season.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Yes, he has a reputation but he also has 1500 games and 400 goals. That is praiseworthy. It's great he did it all for the team that drafted him, nice bright spot before x-mas.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Perhaps classy wasn't the best choice of words. I will say that I have always respected the player and to see someone not only play a long time but stick with one team, I find that pretty awesome and classy in its own way I suppose.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Classy in the sense of his commitment and hard work in Arizona? Sure. Classy in the way he plays on the ice? Not at all. Congrats on the accomplishments Doan but I definitely cannot wait till you retire

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
THE biggest loser in the NHL.

It's sad that an NHL franchise trying to maintain relevancy and work it's way up the standings continues to call this guy their captain.

I guess it explains why they make no progression game- to-game, season-to-season.

...what?

Doan has been one of the biggest reasons Arizona has even won games across his career. He's one of the very best and most consistent players that team has ever seen.

The reason they don't get better is because they never fill their roster. Look at when they actually did, and had guys like Vrbata, Whitney, Morris, Doan, so on and so forth a few years ago for their conference finals trip.

There's some ignorant posts in here just because people don't like a player who toes the edge and goes over it sometimes. Get real, every team has those players. I guess Perry is one of the biggest losers in the league? Neal? Hell, Benn's done his fair share, so has Ovi. You'd be hard pressed to find a power forward outside of Iginla that hasn't had shady moments.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Lets hope Doan will make it to 1000 points as well. It's sad to see when great players fail to reach 1000 Points. I mean we've had so many already, Lecavalier, OJ and Richards just in the last few years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad