Do you want Raffi Torres back?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
All of us know the pros and cons with having a player like him on any team.
He has yet to play a game this season because of his knee. However, if the Sharks made him available for a move this season and he is 100%, do you want him back?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I always liked Raffi, but it would never happen, but I'd take him back just because of his intensity and the fact he really, really hates to lose.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's not practical at this point in time, but yeah I'd want him back. Dude always comes up big in the playoffs. (when he's not suspended)

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
No. He's labelled. One questionable hit and he's Shanabanned.

Good point and this is why I voted no. I loved him as a player, but even legal hits from him will draw scrutiny, which is a distraction.

Also, he doesn't fill our primary needs for an offensive top 6 or pking bottom 6. I'm glad they like in San Jose and will be pulling for him, but I feel like that ship has sailed for us.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Torres brings hustle and physical play. Unfortunately he also regularly straddles the line of what's within the rules or considered sportsman like.

While he can help a team at times, he also takes untimely penalties. I fear his biggest asset will be neutralized because he is a marked man.

Good luck to him but we don't need him back in the desert.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I never wanted him gone and I"d love to have him back. He played to win and brought it every game. That is something this team seems to be lacking. There are only so many things DT/Doan/Morris/Yandle/Hanzal can say to get everyone up for a game. There are 82 games in a season. You have to know how to motivate yourself.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
He was a ******* and I was one of the proponents of him getting kicked out of the league.

He did, however, clean up his game(seriously, the suspensions he's gotten after the 25-game one have all been ********) and is now a great thirdline winger that would be an asset to almost any team. I'd love him back, tbh.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
All of us know the pros and cons with having a player like him on any team.
He has yet to play a game this season because of his knee. However, if the Sharks made him available for a move this season and he is 100%, do you want him back?

Why would the Sharks make him available for trade this season? They just signed him to a three-year deal in the summer! :shakehead

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Torres brings a whole new element to this team, believe it or not. A guy who won't back down and is a team first type. Although he won't stop at anything I know there's an impact on the guys knowing they have someone that brings that every shift.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Torres brings a whole new element to this team, believe it or not. A guy who won't back down and is a team first type. Although he won't stop at anything I know there's an impact on the guys knowing they have someone that brings that every shift.

Agreed, I loved him here in Phoenix, and would welcome him back with open arms. He's a gamer.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'd like to change my vote to yes.

Torres was a fighter too, always willing to put down the mitts and would just wail as hard as he could. None of the dancing around for 5 minutes like Biz does. Just straight to the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'd like to change my vote to yes.

The bad hits aside, he was rarely out of position defensively and put everything he had into his time on the ice. Plus, there is that fear that he instills in people. I doubt that Columbus would have played as physically as they did last night if Torres was around. One of the big things that we are missing this year is the physicality that wears opponents down.

Resounding yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Well would we get him for free? or would we have to give up someone (like say Chris Brown)? BTW I figured out how to get Rundblad into games - I just turn to my seat mate like I did last night and when the PA announcer says 'tonight's scratches for the Coyotes', before he names anyone, say 'Rundblad!" loudly, and then the announcer won't call his name!

Well it worked last night anyway...

I enjoyed Torres when he was here... I do have a feeling though that he's one more crunch of the game delivery from getting an extended vacation without pay from Shanahanny.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I reluctantly chose no but ONLY because I think he's a marked man in the NHL. He throws even a remotely borderline hit, literally any hit that could be interpreted "dirty" in any way he'd be slapped with a huge suspension again. Raffi has a scarlet letter on him, it's not at all fair but nothing we can do to change it. That's the only reason I wouldn't want him back, otherwise I'd absolutely love Raffi on the team!!!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
This is a weird time to see this thread bumped. Looks like I was right though in thinking this would be close poll. Anyways, I picked yes because in case if Torres does end up doing something foolish like ending someone's career that it wouldn't be one of our own players that can't play in the league anymore.

Maybe it's just me but when I look back at that hit that was made on Hossa(which we have people say it was legal and some say not), yea it sucked that he wasn't with us in the WCF where we could have used him for sure to help keep the likes of Dustin Brown in check legally but not having Hossa in the rest of the series did help the Coyotes as that was one less offensive weapon to have to worry about.

It's often said that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know but in our case it could be that it's always better to have the devil on your side and not against.

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The answer to this question from us all, should be yes. This is exactly what we missed this season. Grit, the dont give **** attitude, hard working, stand up for your guy type.

I would welcome Torres back in a second. I honestly would even be willing to over pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad