Do you want Ovechkin to break Gretzky's goal record?

Do you want him to score 895 and pass Gretzky?

• Yes- History will be made

Votes: 416 55.1%
  • No- Screw him

Votes: 339 44.9%

• Total voters

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he breaks it, I do hope its on this contract which has 2 years left on it. Would not want to see him do a 1 year deal because he's a few short at the of the 25/26 season. He's about 55 goals from breaking it. So, should be around 45-48 back next season. Needs basically a pair of 25 goal seasons to do it.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It backs up his play, it's not like he is logging defensive starts.

His play 5 on 5 sucks at this point most Capital fans can see this.

Your posts get more dishonest by the day.

Hey remember when you were new the to the forum and you claimed to be an Ovechkin fan? Why did you say that? Did you think it would make people think your obvious double standards somehow carried more weight?

Your crusade to pretend the Capitals are being charitable to Ovie has been debunked for years. A decade ago a frothing loon who agreed with you said the Capitals would be better off with Ovechkin leaving for Russia. Funny how all these illogical falsehoods against Ovechkin always seem to come from Don Cherry fans and Penguins fans.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Your posts get more dishonest by the day.
Not even sure what you are talking about here but sometimes that's you.

Hey remember when you were new the to the forum and you claimed to be an Ovechkin fan?
I don't recall ever being a fan of his but I do think he got some flack for not winning a SC and then his team did but I'm pretty consistent about that with other players too in a larger league.

But then again you throw terms out like air floats in the air, Canadian media bias, haters yada yada yada.

Why did you say that? Did you think it would make people think your obvious double standards somehow carried more weight?

I'm not concerned what people think this isn't high school.

Ii watch games, I read things, crosscheck and and look at everything there is out there and then make an educated opinion not to impress anyone but to discuss ideas, you certainly don't know me or anything about my motivations.
Your crusade to pretend the Capitals are being charitable to Ovie has been debunked for years.

really it hasn't as I back up what I say with stats and you never look at the whole picture of stats but rather only the light that helps your argument and then make up stuff and are inconsistent in your assertions like goals matter way more than assists but then when asked about other situations you balk, it seems your convictions are around a single set of players.

One could respect even if they disagreed about some one making too big a deal about goals if they were consistent but then again it's always been about 2 guys for you.
A decade ago a frothing loon who agreed with you said the Capitals would be better off with Ovechkin leaving for Russia.

Really did I agree with him or did I agree with his analysis or maybe no one was watching when Ovechkin had 2 crappy years?
Funny how all these illogical falsehoods against Ovechkin always seem to come from Don Cherry fans and Penguins fans.
Don Cherry is a Canadian institution and had a shtick sure but he probably loved Ovechkin and I'm a fan of hockey not a Pens fan, heck I'm more of a fan of hockey than a Canucks fan although there are more tolerable to watch and cheer for now even before the winning because they had some real attitude players and fan boys who couldn't see reality either especially as the Sedins aged.

But I'm wasting my time here as many know that you are interested in an intellectually honest discussion about Crosby or Ovechkin it's all black and white for you.

Like I said enjoy the chase for the record it's been an ugly season so far and isn't going to get better.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I half wanna see it cause I like ovechkin and half wanna see it cause of the crying canadians that get their news from Don cherry will have some great reactions. Can't wait.
No one got their news from Cherry lol.
Prepare to be disappointed

Reactions: wetcoast

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
No one got their news from Cherry lol.
Prepare to be disappointed
No chance I'll be disappointed. I've already had enough entertainment in the build up with narratives such as, "capitals don't care about winning, only getting ovechkin goals!" Meanwhile the Caps are battling for the playoffs. Contrast that to how Crosby gets a circle jerk everytime he's talked about while he has a better team and shittier results. Love it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No chance I'll be disappointed. I've already had enough entertainment in the build up with narratives such as, "capitals don't care about winning, only getting ovechkin goals!" Meanwhile the Caps are battling for the playoffs. Contrast that to how Crosby gets a circle jerk everytime he's talked about while he has a better team and shittier results. Love it.
Still don’t get the Cherry reference lol.
But I’m rooting for OV and have a jersey.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Never did until maybe this year... Or late last year...

At that age (OV and myself) where you start appreciating the greatest of the full career outside your own fandom and allegiances.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
ovechkin is like the last weapon the soviets had... they may collapsed but not before they pushed out ovy to get that goal record from wayne - a soviet of all people will own the goal scoring record - a dagger in the heart of hockey canada

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Unless you're under 25, you were alive... March 29, 1999 was his last goal.
Gretzky broke the record in 1994. Furthermore, you'd have to be several years older than that to have seen it, or at least have a functional memory of seeing it.

I know internet forums are kinda old fashion. but not everyone here is 40+ years old.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
voted No before it seems but I really dont care, be cool to see him do it.
I also thought after like 20 or 30 games time caught up to him and he might not actually make it but now it feels like just matter of time

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
I half wanna see it cause I like ovechkin and half wanna see it cause of the crying canadians that get their news from Don cherry will have some great reactions. Can't wait.

Not sure what this means.

Don Cherry always liked Ovechkin, played "the right way", Canadian style of hockey. His only one complaint I can remember is the "hot stick", something his team mates dared him to do. Cherry had it out for Crosby, especially the beginning of his career, can't be whining to get his way like he did in the Q.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad