Do you want our alternate jersey be the primary one

Lavina21

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
Iam frustrated since I was really happy when we switched to the classical design of 1995-2007 though I do love the alternate scheme with its colors and especially the logo, which seems to me an iconic classic like those of the old Jets or Whalers while the current one is more of cartoonish 90s style.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No. Leave things the way they are. The ONLY thing I'd adjust is the letters on the burgundy jerseys. The silver-on-white gets washed out on TV, just throw a little black outline on there and they'd be perfect. But alas, that's getting nitpicky.

Few things irritate me more than when they take their alternates and make it the regular uniform (aka, pulling a Penguin). Why the Wylde insisted on spending so many years in those gawdawful red Christmas sweater nightmares I will never know. I like the alternates, but they need to STAY alternates.

Reactions: MacBradley

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Agreed w/ @Foppa2118--go back to wearing whites at home.

But as for the question asked by OP, no, I don't think it's necessary anymore. The changes made with the switch to Adidas are f***ing amazing. The only tweak I'd make is finding more reasons to wear the alternate. So bump it up a few more games going forward.

(I would, however, adjust the Colorado "C" on the shoulder pads so they're both facing the right way, instead of the way they are now)

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Nope. The new primaries are great. And I still don't like the huge white shoulder section on the thirds - makes them look like pilgrims on the ice. Needs a band of burgundy between the white and navy.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Mountain sweaters forever.

The white trim on the shoulders of the Avluminati/Deathly Hallows 3rds still reminds me of a pilgrim collar. :shakehead

Adidas-Authentic-Pro-Colorado-Avalanche-Third-Jersey-Front_1024x1024.jpg

tenor.gif

Lavina21

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
Surprised how many people love the whites here. I have nothing against them but in my opinion they are mediocre while the burgundy and blue are perfect. I also prefer silver line over black and white of 1995-2007 design as a homage to Colorado’s silver mine industry.

As for burgundy alternate of 2002-2007, it is cool but the lettering in a Rangers style is quite annoying.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
to answer the OP: NEVER
the alternates are fine are as alternates, to commemorate the hockey-related past, but use them as primary and might as well rename Avs to Rockies.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
Def want to bring back whites for home, now and then I’ll see a home team choosing to use whites which makes the whole godamn thing even more confusing. Wish it never changed in the first place

I’m indifferent to the logo change, I think both with the color schemes look good. I’d be ok with switching over to new design for primary if only for the sake of making the 90’s AVS Jersey the 3rd “retro throwback jersey”

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I love the 3rds, but they're fine being just that. Avs use them often enough as it is. And I also wish the shoulders weren't white, or at least not so much of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad