Do you trust Mike Gillis with a rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Simple yes or no question considering his body of work so far and his lack of success in bolstering any of the Canucks areas of need when this team was competitive, and his middling success in the trade market.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I'm going to get laughed at but I say yes. It can be frustrating when nothing happens but I appreciate his patience. It is a tough business being a GM with other GMs circling like vultures.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I trust him a bit more after the Luongo trade and not trading Kesler today is probably also a good thing. based on some of the deals today, nobody was willing to anti up.

I don't trust him for one second when it comes to drafting.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I'm going to get laughed at but I say yes. It can be frustrating when nothing happens but I appreciate his patience. It is a tough business being a GM with other GMs circling like vultures.

weren't you supposed to delete your account? :laugh:

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I trust him a bit more after the Luongo trade and not trading Kesler today is probably also a good thing. based on some of the deals today, nobody was willing to anti up.

I don't trust him for one second when it comes to drafting.

I have more faith in the scouts that recommend which free agent college/prospects to sign. Wonder if it's the same individuals.

Pro scouting seems to be even more widely inconsistant. Some real stinkers (eg., Marco Sturm, David Booth, Keith Ballard) and some good ones (Higgins, Lappiere, Santorelli)

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
Yes, now it is finally his turn to re-build his own team and core.

Remember he doesn't know how to build a team because he inherited Burkies core right? :sarcasm:

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
He has virtually nothing to show for his 6 years here so far in terms of any player development. The only Gillis draftee/undrafted signee that has played a significant role for the team has been Tanev (Lack is arguable).

The only time he's added onto the core of the team was with hometown boys (Hamhuis and Garrison) that were relatively easy signings and replaced previous stalwarts (Mitchell, Ohlund and Salo). Otherwise, he's ridden the horses that were left for him when he got here.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
This...I havent seen any signs a rebuild is on the horizon.

Dude, step back and take a breath. It's only been 2 days since the team traded Lu. They haven't even begun so how can you criticize the process. Do you think this stuff happens over night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad