Do you think Vasilevskiy gets the starting job next year?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasi is way too shaky and gives up much more softies than Bishop does, he's years away IMO and he's not going to get starts over Bishop because he's "the future", unless Bishop tanks a few games or Vasi really steps it up. Last thing you want to do is upset your current #1 goaltender for some prospect.

He needs at least one legit year in the AHL. The rebound control is scary. I don't think he's going to get that under control in practice. It's a heat of the game thing.

I like that we're rotating him with Kristers now. I wish we'd started doing that sooner. Seems to be best for both guys' developments. The guy it's likely to hurt is Adam Wilcox, but if one goalie's development had to be at risk... shrug

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He needs at least one legit year in the AHL. The rebound control is scary. I don't think he's going to get that under control in passion. It's a heat of the game thing.

I like that we're rotating him with Kristers now. I wish we'd started doing that sooner. Seems to be best for both guys' developments. The guy it's likely to hurt is Adam Wilcox, but if one goalie's development had to be at risk... shrug

I think if Kristers maintains his current numbers for the rest of the season, he's the one who needs to be our full time backup next season. I agree with you that he needs one successful year in the AHL before we even think about him as a backup let alone a starter.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I love him and think he'll be great one day, but you also have to imagine that after years of having ****** goaltending, SY isn't exactly excited to dump the goaltender that just got him to the cup finals.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Bishop is having a great season. Vasi needs to play games but he won't be starting many in the NHL because Bish gives us best chance to win. Vasi will be good when he gets his chance to be a regular starter. Doubt it will happen next year for Vasi.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Other than one game this season (that I can think of off hand) Bishop has given us the chance to win and then some.

He's stopped goals that have had opposing tv announcers say "that was one of the best saves I've ever seen in my life".

Vasi will be traded in a year, maybe two. The kid wants a starting job and there's another club that will happily provide it.

Guds I feel understands his role and will ride the bench for 5-6 years and allow Bishop to shine. Then he can share the load with Bishop and let him retire as a franchise goalie, only to take up and attempt to fill some very big shoes.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Let's put it this way guys.... goalie is the LEAST of our issues right now

Yeah agreed. It stinks about Bishop likely won't get Vezina recognition because of the wins and loses. Buts it's cool he is having a career season, one less thing to worry about with this team lol.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I would love to give him more starts, but the team sucks so badly we have no room for error to get him in.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
guess will repeat what have said in past expansion is coming we will lose someone maybe more then one goalie i expect bishop to resign i expect us to ship him to whatever team he asks to go to at right before the expansion waiver hits

hell we might wind up keeping him but still believe

vasi is the man and is the person we keep at that time he will be good enough to earn it and the contracts will make it what it is:)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
guess will repeat what have said in past expansion is coming we will lose someone maybe more then one goalie i expect bishop to resign i expect us to ship him to whatever team he asks to go to at right before the expansion waiver hits

vasi is the man and is the person we keep at that time he will be good enough to earn it and the contracts will make it what it is:)

Might have to move bishop if we end up keeping stamkos, hedman and the triplets No choice we need the money room

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

No....

Vasi is inconsistent, and more importantly he's not what we all thought he'd be... not yet at least.

If Bishop continues to carry us, he's staying and we lose Vasi. We could easily get a solid young D man for Vasi, especially with his "promise".

You don't dump your 29 year old vezina level goaltender for the 21 year old "maybe he'll be half that good one day" goaltender.

We'd lose a "triplet" before we let that happen...

Currently, the ONLY two guys on our team that "untradeable" are Hedman and Bishop. Everyone else is more than fair game (I'd include Kucherov in that list, but it's still his 2nd breakout year so we could move him for a decent trade/bundle if absolutely necessary).

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
No....

Vasi is inconsistent, and more importantly he's not what we all thought he'd be... not yet at least.

If Bishop continues to carry us, he's staying and we lose Vasi. We could easily get a solid young D man for Vasi, especially with his "promise".

You don't dump your 29 year old vezina level goaltender for the 21 year old "maybe he'll be half that good one day" goaltender.

We'd lose a "triplet" before we let that happen...

Currently, the ONLY two guys on our team that "untradeable" are Hedman and Bishop. Everyone else is more than fair game (I'd include Kucherov in that list, but it's still his 2nd breakout year so we could move him for a decent trade/bundle if absolutely necessary).

I'd say Palat is very close to untradable. Personally i'd keep him over Kutch but by a slim margin.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I'd say Palat is very close to untradable. Personally i'd keep him over Kutch but by a slim margin.

Palat is in a very special class of his own. Out of all our forwards I'd say that we'll see Stamkos (I'm a believer he'll sign, shoot me =P), Palat, and Names here for at least 5 more years.

I didn't include him (or Kucherov) mainly because they are both still tradeable. Not by much, but by a hair. They're a solid 9/10 on the untradeable scale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad