Do you think they try to sign Stewart ?

wyldthing89

Jan 26, 2006
St-Gedeon Quebec
i225.photobucket.com
Is it just me or i would love to see Stewart get an extension instead of giving him ??

Lets face it, a big guy who can skate with some talent we have and who can protect them, do the dirty work is not something we find often !!!

I hope Tim Murray at least try to sign him before he pull the plug on Chris and trade him !!!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wouldn't hate it if they got a good deal without crazy term. But I don't see him taking a deal for like 2 years.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Listening to hockey hotline much?

Hell no. If we want him, go after him in July. Until then make your team better in the future. Resigning him would for a team not rebuilding.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Please no. Sabres will have Kane for both the offensive talent and the hard physical play to protect the rookies. Don't need a streaky give-away king who requires every favorable offensive minute possible just to put out below average production.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
You and Andrew Peters should hang out.

Big, inconsistent scorer who doesn't try hard when he's not feeling motivated (which is often) and takes dumb penalties? No freaking way. I'm more interested in Hodgson's long-term place on the team than Stewart.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I was open to the idea at the beginning of the season, based on how he performed. Essentially, I was hoping he could play into the role that Kane is going to have.

Not interested. Glad he's been playing interested (and moving to LW seems to have been a big help) but I don't trust him and don't want him back.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
BTW most of us are saying no, we don't want them to. If you look at what Murray wants it's 100% obvious that he is intent on trading Stewart. He's been the most reported-on pending UFA all season. He's going to be gone. The question is whether we get something good or not.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He makes 4+ mil as it is right now. I'm assuming he isn't taking a pay cut . We can use that 4 mil in a better way long term then to keep Stewart. Would rather save that $$ for a long term Girgs deal. I'd love to see a 8/32 deal for Girgs :snide:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
No, I do not think Murray will try to re-sign Stewart because he (Murray) has indicated he wouldn't, so that's the obvious answer.

I don't think they should try to re-sign Stewart because I'd prefer to see one of the following:
A. His role taken by a younger player with similar skills (off-season trade or UFA signing).
B. His role taken by a player with greater skills. (internal promotion - I don't think there is an identified candidate, maybe Schaller, or, external acquisition).

wyldthing89

Jan 26, 2006
St-Gedeon Quebec
i225.photobucket.com
You and Andrew Peters should hang out.

Big, inconsistent scorer who doesn't try hard when he's not feeling motivated (which is often) and takes dumb penalties? No freaking way. I'm more interested in Hodgson's long-term place on the team than Stewart.

Not me, i hate the Hodgson trade and still hate it even if Kassian is inconsistent and i don't see any spots avalaible for Hodgson even next year with McDavid/Eichel , Reinhart and Girgensons playing center. I don't want to see Murray do a Clarkson deal with Stewart but a 2 years deal for 7-8 millions is something i can live with.

I don't want to see Kane have to drop the gloves too often since he was quite injured lately and we have enough cap space to get Stewart for the next 2 years and see what happens instead of those random sign up like Mezzaros who get paid big money doing almost nothing just to get the minimum cap.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
He is a perfect fit on the 3rd line for a contender. I think we should be able to get a solid prospect back...someone like a Paille would do.(no not Paille but a prospect like him). Or how about Fitzgerald from the Bruins for him?

Karate Johnson*

No. I'd rather spend the $5 million on someone else

Offer it to Toffoli or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad