Do you think the following players will play in the NHL?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
And what is their potential if they make it?

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit)
Sami Lepisto (Washington)
Ryan White (Montreal)
Ben Maxwell (Montreal)
Andrei Taratuhkin (Calgary)
Brian Boyle (LA)
Lauri Tukonen (LA)
Petteri Nokelainen (Islanders)
Lauri Korpikoski (Rangers)
Roman Voloshenko (Minnesota)
Jhonas Enroth (Buffalo)
Artem Anisimov (Rangers)
Alexander Vasyunov (New Jersey)

Thanks for any info/opinions.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
there's a rumor that Sami Lepisto is close to signing w/ Washington. At last years rookie camp he said that he wanted one more year in Finland, and would come over for the 07/08 season. Odds are he'll play in Hershey

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
And what is their potential if they make it?

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit)
Sami Lepisto (Washington)
Ryan White (Montreal)
Ben Maxwell (Montreal)
Andrei Taratuhkin (Calgary)
Brian Boyle (LA)
Lauri Tukonen (LA)
Petteri Nokelainen (Islanders)
Lauri Korpikoski (Rangers)
Roman Voloshenko (Minnesota)
Jhonas Enroth (Buffalo)
Artem Anisimov (Rangers)
Alexander Vasyunov (New Jersey)

Thanks for any info/opinions.

Grigorenko- still an iffy. He is signed in Russia for a couple more years, if anything he will be one of those European players that come over to play in the NHL in there mid-late 20's (ex. David Vyborny, Mark Streit, John Franzen)

Lepisto- dont know him well enough, cant comment.

Maxwell- Maybe if he bulks up, another small second line center potential centermen in the Habs system but he probly has the most upside after Grabovksy. Plays 2 way game with lots of offensive flair. Still not sure about him, but i think he should play in the NHL sooner or later.

Ryan White- guranteed NHLer, however he will not be more than a 3rd or 4thliner, but a very good one for sure. cant wait to see him in the Habs uniform.

Taratukhin- i think hell be back in Russia before he gets a good shot in the NHL

Nokelainen- already played in the NHL, and yes he will be back. Ted Nolan went with the veterans this year instead of letting the kids play, but that will change. Nokelainen will be a good third liner in the NHL, looks like a Niklas Sundstrom type player to me.

Brian Boyle- Yes. he will be in the NHL with LA especially now that they are rebuilding, they could use his size and skill up front and at the back.

Lauri Tukonen- Should be a regular with the kings next year. Will start on one of the bottom lines, but should end up as a decent two-way wingewr in the big show.

Korpikoski- havent seen him play enough. no comment.

Enroth- best Swedish goaltender propsect since Lundqvist. His size is pretty much the only nack on him, but he will have a future in the NHL, atleast as a backup.

Voloshenko- overrated, i think hell be back in Russia soon

Vasyunov and Anisimov- havent seen either of them play, but i heasr they aree both either boom or bust. Lets wait and see.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Taratukhin get at least some time (even a full year) with the Flames next year, he would have been called up this year if not for visa issues with his family, and with the likely departure of some bottom liners for Calgary this summer, I suspect he will see some time.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think if Voloshanko can hook up with Parrish in the offseason he might be the Wilds new garbage man in a few years. He will have to get ugly to make it. Just like Parrish did when Dino should him the ins and outs of goalie irratation 101.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
Mindset is for Grigorenko to 'make the Detroit Red Wings'

Grigorenko- still an iffy. He is signed in Russia for a couple more years, if anything he will be one of those European players that come over to play in the NHL in there mid-late 20's (ex. David Vyborny, Mark Streit, John Franzen)

Detroit seems to be fully intent on signing Grigorenko this summer, and the plan is for him to play in the National Hockey League next season.

Grigorenko, would probably be in Detroit already if it weren’t for the car wreck, and perhaps — with due respect to Tomas Holmstrom — even playing on the wing with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
Reports out of Russia say that Grigorenko still feels pain in his leg..He has undergone numerous operations in Russia, but the Red Wings may be able to help him even more once he gets to Detroit.
Hakan Andersson, Detroit’s director of European scouting suggested “He could be one simple operation away in the U.S. from everything being fineâ€.

Nill, who scouted Grigorenko at a national-team tournament, said he thinks Grigorenko can get his extra step back.
Grigorenko’s game has always been based on power, balance and terrific offensive ability. He is dangerous down low and on the power play, and he works well along the boards. His intensity is unmatched.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2007_01/22_ProspectsWatch.html

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Can really only talk about the two LA prospects.

Tukonen - Has yet to put eye popping numbers out there or done anything amazing yet is still twenty and has been hampered by various injuries. I think he is a safe bet to make the NHL just based on the game he plays question is if he'll ever find his scoring or just turn out into a third/fourth liner who can step into the second line.

Boyle - Someone else posted that we need size and that may well be true. As for Boyle its really hard to get a good read upon him. You have half the people raving about how amazing he is and how he can and will dominate then the rest saying he sucks we should not sign him and take the draft pick. In general it takes a lot longer for players of his size to pan out and he has shown progress every season so that is a good sign. Another question to be put forth is if he does make the big show will he be playing defense or forward. The positive is if he slightly improves or gets a bit better at worst case could or would be a huge man at the blueline or third/fourth liner with good leadership and great defensive skills who can park his .... infront of the net on the PP.

crazedcanuck

Jun 23, 2005
Doesn't Boyle have great NCAA stats??

And you project him as a 3rd or 4th liner?? Is that right away or do you mean longterm??

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Feb 3, 2007
I expect Tukonen will bounce around on somebody's third line for a few years before heading back to Europe.

Boyle might do a little better, if he's well-coached.

As an LA fan, I'm not counting on either of them to be major pieces of the puzzle. Their value to the club is probably highest right now - as trade bait.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
third/fourth liner with good leadership and great defensive skills who can park his .... infront of the net on the PP.

As a BC fan who has watched Boyle night in and night out for 4 years, this is exactly how I'd classify him right now. A solid third liner who plays solid D, kills penalties, and has the skill to set up his linemates and put a puck or two into the net. I really don't think he projects higher than that right now, unless a serious change occurs.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
As a BC fan who has watched Boyle night in and night out for 4 years, this is exactly how I'd classify him right now. A solid third liner who plays solid D, kills penalties, and has the skill to set up his linemates and put a puck or two into the net. I really don't think he projects higher than that right now, unless a serious change occurs.
Who everyone has been comparing him to and another reason I write that. Keith Primeau. Boyle is probably the closest thing one will find to the same player: 3rd liner with great D skills, leadership, can play 2nd line but more suited for 3rd, big body, more valuable then a 2nd liner.

Boyle had good NCAA stats but nothing amazing. For his size and staying four years you think by his 4th year he'd be able to get close to winning a hobey baker or should simply dominate due to his size. That is one of many reasons for doubt surrounding him. Still one of my favorite prospects.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
I expect Tukonen will bounce around on somebody's third line for a few years before heading back to Europe.

Boyle might do a little better, if he's well-coached.

As an LA fan, I'm not counting on either of them to be major pieces of the puzzle. Their value to the club is probably highest right now - as trade bait.

I agree, unfortunately.....from what I have seen of Tukonen, it isn't anything special. As for Boyle, I'd have to watch him a bit more but from what I have seen up to this point, I wouldn't be too broken up about it if he was packaged in a deal to get us some more scoring help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad