Do you think the Bolts make the playoffs this year?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Honestly no. They're capable of it but there's been nothing so far this season that suggests that they have the drive necessary to win 60% or more of the remaining games

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I consider myself an optimist when it comes to this team but I have a hard time seeing it right now with how the season has gone and no signs of change on the horizon.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm an optimist too, but they crushed that right out of me. I mean I'm a realist as well. I remember saying before the season that I didn't necessarily expect them to go back to the Final, and that people shouldn't freak out when we don't. But this is falling far short of what my tempered expectations were. I just don't see any kind of run in them when they can't even string 3 good periods together. I also see too much selfishness on the part of guys like Stamkos and Drouin. Sorry, while yes they need to look out for themselves and how much money they're making, the way they have gone about it has totally poisoned the room and they deserve some serious blame for things. I'm disappointed that distraction has become the norm. Perhaps MSL helped set that tone.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I hope they do but I very much doubt it at this point. Like Hoek said, they have difficulty to string even three good periods together, let alone a few games. We need to go on a run soon so it's not looking good. There's something really wrong with this team. I don't know if it's the coaches, players, both or something else. I hope everything gets resolved come next season so we can continue hunting the Cup because after the last two seasons not winning the Cup during our window would be a failure.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Can't see how it would realistically happen, now. The player's heads - for the most part - just aren't in the right place right now. I truly believe losing in the SCF knocked the wind out of them and they've yet to recover from that. Too much expectation on them from the very beginning of the season. Add in all the distractions, and the mediocre season becoming a "thing" that has been dwelled upon for months, and it's been a garbage year.

That said, I actually think next year they will turn things back around and be outstanding again. Once the SCF and this crummy season are in the rearview mirror, and once we have the Stamkos situation resolved one way or the other, it's going to be a massive reset button for the team. This year is a mess but I think next year they will explode.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Can't see how it would realistically happen, now. The player's heads - for the most part - just aren't in the right place right now. I truly believe losing in the SCF knocked the wind out of them and they've yet to recover from that. Too much expectation on them from the very beginning of the season. Add in all the distractions, and the mediocre season becoming a "thing" that has been dwelled upon for months, and it's been a garbage year.

That said, I actually think next year they will turn things back around and be outstanding again. Once the SCF and this crummy season are in the rearview mirror, and once we have the Stamkos situation resolved one way or the other, it's going to be a massive reset button for the team. This year is a mess but I think next year they will explode.

See LAK

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we make it in we're bounced in the first round anyway.

At least it won't be a distraction while I'm studying for the bar, though.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Nope, theres still half a season left and I still don't see us making playoffs. You cant win one game then loose the next two for a whole season. This team blows.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yes, too many injuries in the first half of the season, too much talent on the team not to make it at least a wild card spot.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Yes, too many injuries in the first half of the season, too much talent on the team not to make it at least a wild card spot.

How I feel. Don't expect a deep playoff run, but if the team can stay healthy and go on just one small run, they can sneak in. still only a few points out of a spot.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Yes, still not too worried about it barring any further significant injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad