Do you think Taylor Hall has asked for a trade?

KneeOnKnee

Jun 14, 2007
Alberta
Listening to the radio last night, I have heard Hall trade rumors cropping up, and reading one of lowetides blogs stating that Hall was "unwilling to adapt" is even more disconcerting. If true and he wants out of this gongshow, what do you think we should realistically get for him besides the usual garbage that other teams try to throw at us?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't buy it, Dreger is a joke. Until MacKenzie or LeBrun says it, I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
No, Dreger is trying to make himself seen as relevant with one last effort since he lost his best contact within the Oilers.

He's so bad he should be on sportsnet.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
He hasn't asked yet and we haven't offered. Not that I really care at this point, why should a perennial bottom feeding team be so attached to any players

Launch

Nov 9, 2013
Viking, Alberta
I don't buy it, Dreger is a joke. Until MacKenzie or LeBrun says it, I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

This is correct in my opinion. Until you hear it from Bobby, Lebrun or to a lesser extent Rishaug (not a fan of him but he does have the closest ear to the organization) then i wouldn't be overly concerned

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No, Dreger is trying to make himself seen as relevant with one last effort since he lost his best contact within the Oilers.

He's so bad he should be on sportsnet.

I was thinking that or he's trying the "I know this trade rumour will distract the fans from the team" and then has the gall to act "surprised" when everyone gets pissed with him for being a troll.

I can't wait until he moves to Sportsnet so we don't have to listen to him on the morning show, he's just awful. It's the only "insider" segment I basically choose to not listen to, he's just that awful.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
No and if he did so what. We will trade him if we see fit nor not. This 'terror' of oiler fans that Hall is going to ask for a trade is bizarre. He's not even a franchise player. A very good, exciting winger and our best player but hardly a guy to totally build your team around.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No and if he did so what. We will trade him if we see fit nor not. This 'terror' of oiler fans that Hall is going to ask for a trade is bizarre. He's not even a franchise player. A very good, exciting winger and our best player but hardly a guy to totally build your team around.

Certainly not on the level of the last guy who publically asked for a trade.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009

Basically. Hall could be the highest scorer on a winning team if there's a Toews or Pronger in the role of best player. If the Kingston Cannonball is your best player then the best result you'll see is that of the Capitals.

Having said that I hope we see success with him in the lineup. But unless things really turn around under MacT this is looking like a really long dark tunnel, not sure if that's daylight up ahead or the headlights of an oncoming train.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a standing demand for a trade from many Oiler players, including Hall.

But this particular rumor is just Dreger throwing a player under the bus on behalf of a friend who just got fired.

doggone

Nov 4, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a standing demand for a trade from many Oiler players, including Hall.

But this particular rumor is just Dreger throwing a player under the bus on behalf of a friend who just got fired.

this

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Well, didn't Dreger say Hall is on market but then himself, said he'd be surprised if he's traded and was most untouchable in his opinion?

He always talks like that. Throw **** out there [whether to draw attention to himself or mouthpiece for Nonis] and then have a contradictory remark at the end to backtrack just in case.

The most unreliable "insider" IMO, more so than Kypreos

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
Dreger trying to deflect attention from how massive a failure his buddy Eakins was as HC.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Basically. Hall could be the highest scorer on a winning team if there's a Toews or Pronger in the role of best player. If the Kingston Cannonball is your best player then the best result you'll see is that of the Capitals.

In all honesty, that Caps team could have won a cup, and nobody would have batted an eye. They were presidents trophy winners, and cup contenders for a window that closed when they jettisoned off a few of their top players, and changed the coaching philosophy that didn't play to the strengths of the players they had.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Asked for one?
No

But I'm sure he's secretly hoping for one... like everyone else on the team.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Pure speculation by Dreger. I like Elliotte Friedman's view on the whole thing, here is the link.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...have-dipped-their-toe-in-hall-trade-scenarios

MacT wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't sniff around a bit and see what Hall could get them. When your losing like this no trade possibility is off the table.

I like how Elliotte is saying that Edmonton would only trade Hall if it is a "wow" return. The worst thing they could do is trade him for a bunch of lesser parts and third line guys.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Pure speculation by Dreger. I like Elliotte Friedman's view on the whole thing, here is the link.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...have-dipped-their-toe-in-hall-trade-scenarios

MacT wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't sniff around a bit and see what Hall could get them. When your losing like this no trade possibility is off the table.

I like how Elliotte is saying that Edmonton would only trade Hall if it is a "wow" return. The worst thing they could do is trade him for a bunch of lesser parts and third line guys.

Friedman doesn't understand Mact's strategy at all.

Think of how many overpaid 3rd line wingers and bottom pairing defensemen he could acquire in a Hall trade. This could be the windfall the Oiler organization has been looking for since the dynasty years!

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
In all honesty, that Caps team could have won a cup, and nobody would have batted an eye. They were presidents trophy winners, and cup contenders for a window that closed when they jettisoned off a few of their top players, and changed the coaching philosophy that didn't play to the strengths of the players they had.

Ya they could've and I was really pulling for them then but it didn't work out. The knock there is I don't think it's sustainable, the team's fortune rides so much with that player being hot offensively. Contrast that with a team built with solid play at both ends and anyone can step in and be effective cause they know the system and their role. I'd like to see us pull off a mixture of both but it's looking unlikely.

Ranford#30

Oct 21, 2005
There was an article in today's journal where Hall talked about the rumours and said that he hears stuff, but loves the city and loves the franchise.

He's still akid that wants to be a part of the solution. This is a media grab to get traffics to TSN and Sportsnet. Dreger should be reprimanded for this sort of BS. I like rumours more than the next guy, but this is irresponsible journalism,me specially from a guy that doesn't even reside in the same city and doesn't set foot in the dressing room, even occasionally. He' reporting, at best 3rd-hand information.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Dreggor is an *******.

I believe that he's flat out making something out of nothing.

He's trolling us hard hoping that this motivates the locals to turn on the players, which will ultimately motivate the players to ask for a trade.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Wtd4pvh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad