Do you think it's possible? (1 more Cup)

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I truly though so, but if the signings today are indicative of how KD will move forward I really don’t think so.

All of the FA moves (aside from Graves) so far really make it look like idiot Sullivan is still the acting GM.
Yah, you can see Sullivan's finger prints on a lot of this. The org really needed to do everything right in the last couple of days and get some luck. Some stuff went right, some stuff went wrong, and I don't see much luck in anything that happened other than maybe getting Smith.

If you're saying at the post FA presser that signing Eller was really important to your team, then you're probably screwed.

In the end, I think Dubas just didn't have enough time to really get the org under control and put together a good plan prior to this week. Then in FA he picked a few guys, Sullivan picked a few guys, and they all struck out on the goalie.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yah, you can see Sullivan's finger prints on a lot of this. The org really needed to do everything right in the last couple of days and get some luck. Some stuff went right, some stuff went wrong, and I don't see much luck in anything that happened other than maybe getting Smith.

If you're saying at the post FA presser that signing Eller was really important to your team, then you're probably screwed.

In the end, I think Dubas just didn't have enough time to really get the org under control and put together a good plan prior to this week. Then in FA he picked a few guys, Sullivan picked a few guys, and they all struck out on the goalie.
yeah agree…but who they’re spending money on in the bottom six is just ridiculous…the fact that it’s stacked again with age 30+ overpriced vets tells you that he was following Sullivan’s lead, as was Hextall…very disappointed in him…the team needed a counterbalance to Sullivan, not a yes man

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not likely.
Not possible.
Not happening.
Will be fighting for 8th this season - if they are lucky.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Jarry is a 2 time all-star.

He's also an unclutch, injury prone head case.

We better be getting the former.

Unfortunate that the playoffs aren't played in December.

We're still old - now we're old with a dogshit backup as our starter for 5 years.

I redact my original take from several days ago and now think we stand a snowballs chance in hell. At least someone like Hellebuyck could mask Sullivan's idiotic stubborness in tight series (lol...series) - Jarry and Sully are a match made in heaven for one another.

Reactions: Andy99

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Unfortunate that the playoffs aren't played in December.

We're still old - now we're old with a dogshit backup as our starter for 5 years.

I redact my original take from several days ago and now think we stand a snowballs chance in hell. At least someone like Hellebuyck could mask Sullivan's idiotic stubborness in tight series (lol...series) - Jarry and Sully are a match made in heaven for one another.
We couldn't have signed Hellebuyck.

Signing is easier than trading assets.

We ALL better hope that Jarry returns to his 2 time All-star form. No sense rooting for the latter.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
We couldn't have signed Hellebuyck.

Signing is easier than trading assets.

We ALL better hope that Jarry returns to his 2 time All-star form. No sense rooting for the latter.

Jarry has only ever 'played like an allstar' in December....he's utterly terrible from Spring forward each and every year. A. B, they HAVE to pick a player from every team in the new NHL all star format - he wouldn't have gone otherwise (coupled with injuries to some of our forwards during those years).

Dude's all star appearances are like honorary degrees. This signing is 100% on Sullivan. Dubas is a moron with anything goaltender related.

Reactions: PaulD and Andy99

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All due respect to the once mighty Pens , but they have not won a round in five years. Can they win four in eight weeks? Absolutely not.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Possible? Yes. But it will take a lot for it to happen. It might take EK and a tweak at the deadline and a lot of win it for Karlsson.

He deserves his name on the cup, but only as a Penguin.:naughty:

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We definitely could. If we win Game 7 against NYR we have a decent path to the ECF in ‘22, so who knows?

Gotta win a playoff round first, though.
That was a tough one. Sid was the best player in the play offs until he got Trou-bed. Dominating in both ends of the rink.
And of course Jarry was mia.

With the right draft picks and some trades.... Yes..
and a new coach

Reactions: Trade

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We desperately need a competent front office. I thought Dubas would be better. Dude sucks so far.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad