Do you like your team's arena?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers fan... Yea our arena is pretty jumpin
Upperbowl is way too crowded though from my few expirences.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Edmonton loves their's. Brand new and in a VERY good location (Downtown).

News-Sam-Podgurny-Rogers-Place-1.jpg

4P0A5715web.jpg

inside-rog-e1472847720212.jpg

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't know I can't afford to go.

On TV the ice looks garbage tho.

/leafs

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I like SAP Center but I wish there was more to do after the game or more resturants to go to before the game. Yeah you have San Pedro Square which is quite a ways from the arena, but there is nothing on the other side of it. At least it's right next to the train station so that's a plus.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Good sightlines and cheap tickets at Honda Center. I've always enjoyed games when in the area.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Rogers place gets nicknamed the airport, or the library. Its a boring and quiet atmosphere. The building interior looks half finished in terms of actual decor. Ugly concrete floors and about 4 places to pee in the entire building. You might as well sneak a cup into the corner and just go because by the time the line thins out for the washroom its 2 minutes left in the third and you left your seats during the first intermission.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
2014-09-22-20.03.54.jpg

I enjoy the new arena, PPG Paints, formerly Consol. But I do miss the Mellon Arena "The Igloo". But thats mostly due to all the memories I had there, the place was run down and crap... But due to the design of the place when it used to get wild in there you could feel the entire building reverberating due to how intense the crowd was being. I went to a few of the last playoff years there and it was utterly wild and intense to say the least.

I have not been to a playoff game at the new arena yet, but I have been to several regular season games and the place is super nice and easy to navigate. Sadly the place muffles noise pretty badly and even when the crowds are loosing their minds the noise just doesnt seem to carry at all.

Still I enjoy the new arena a lot.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Oh man. I could go on about this subject all day. I hate what they've don't to MSG with the recent renovations. They totally destroyed the mystique and the aura of 'Madison Square Garden'. It feels like a totally different building.

And now with the exuberant ticket prices they've totally priced out the real fans. Going to a Ranger game has become a cool night out on the town for rich executives to bring their clients to. I swear you can hear them closing business deals in the front row all the way from the Chase Bridge.

On any given night I'd say real fans make up 60-70% of the crowd and thus they've totally killed the atmosphere of what was once the best in sports to now pure boredom and better off watching from home (aka it makes no sense to waste $200 on a regular season game, just save up for playoff time).

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It isn't MTS Centre or True North's fault that Winnipeg is a poorly designed city, but MTS Centre is in a good spot, just think more seats should've been added. But the building space was so limited.

I also can't stand how it's hard to access the upper deck, it's basically two separate parts of the building. In other buildings I've been to you could go to the upper deck to see friends.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The design is OK but the location (despite a lot of effort at improving commute - I'll admit they've worked hard and made noticeable improvements) sucks.

I'm really hoping the LeBreton Flats deal goes through and they start breaking ground ASAP.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Not to brag, but I love it. Xcel has got to be top 3. There is just so much character. That is what makes the place cool. It has a personality. High School hockey jerseys up on the wall (100+), etc.

C Plus

Jun 6, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It isn't MTS Centre or True North's fault that Winnipeg is a poorly designed city, but MTS Centre is in a good spot, just think more seats should've been added. But the building space was so limited.

I also can't stand how it's hard to access the upper deck, it's basically two separate parts of the building. In other buildings I've been to you could go to the upper deck to see friends.

More seats? Where are they going to put them, in my lap?

We're jammed in there like sardines as it is. :dunno:

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
The location has always been great. However, when I moved here in 2007 the GEC, as it was called then, was pretty lame. Not enough concessions stands, poor beer selection, and just had a very small-time feel to it.

That all changed once Liepold was out of the picture and the new ownership group who all had strong ties to the community began putting a lot of time and resources into improving it.

Bridgestone Arena is now a great venue. It's amazing what a difference a little motivation and effort from ownership can do. They've got some intriguing ideas for further modernization efforts for the near future as well.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Staples Center is pretty comfy. Not bad for a hybrid arena. Pretty easy to get in and out of. Once you know where to park, getting there isn't even all that big of a hassle outside of usual traffic.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Love the Bell Centre, it's a beautiful building inside, located right in the heart of downtown. Ticket prices are high but what do you expect in one of the most iconic hockey markets in the world.

I live in Ottawa at the moment, the CTC is a nice building and ticket prices are usually very reasonable. Location is atrocious though. At least there's talks of a new arena in Lebreton Flats soon, so much closer downtown than all the way out in Kanata.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
The interior of the Dome is ugly as hell. Location's great

I love the rink area, and love the view of the rink. The concession area is a dump though. Bathrooms are horrible but for some reason no one ever goes to the bar. There's never more than like 5 people in line. Going to the main bathrooms are for suckers.

Went to Edmonton's last Flames game. Location was good, pretty building, screen was nice and big. But the bathroom line was as bad as Calgary's. WTF? How is that even possible. Add in $11.00 beers and no smoke pit and I'm happy with the Saddledome. Especially if there's a 30% ticket increase.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad