Do you like this team?

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
If we could finish with a McKenzie Weegar our D would look great as a few other poster here had mentioned.
Also hope some of our top 4 guys will add a tad more mustard in their game will make us better leaps and bounds with our added toughness as well.

Reactions: Rocker13 and rubous

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I can't imagine them going into the playoffs with Andersen.
Soft goals at critical times will derail much of which Dubas has accomplished in the past few days.

Reactions: Go4soda

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It's a team that very much appears to have more depth. Will have to see what the opening roster looks like as there are currently more players than spots, not to mention a cap to consider. There's certainly the hope that it will be an improved team.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I like what Dubas has done so far. As of now, I think we're a stronger team if our new acquisitions play to their potential and our young players continue to get better.

I also think moving Kerfoot and Holl for cheaper, better replacements via trade/free agency would be another step in the right direction.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Right now, today, certainly more optimistic with a legit top 4RD signed beyond next season. The other moves (Simmonds, Vesey, etc.) have upside and could pay off but Brodie was the key.

Dubas isn't done yet, however, so I would hold off final judgement to see how this roster looks at camp.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
This team still needs a #1 d-man who is an all around standout. I'd like them to move Marner to make room for Pietrangelo.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
But do you like the look of it right now? that's the question

Honestly no. I’ve been optimistic before about this team and every time they screw up. Good for them that they’re getting tougher and “harder to play against” but I’ll believe that’s all we needed to take the next step when I see it. I don’t think Brodie is good enough to help move the needle for us all that much, and any improvement we see will need to come from already established core players getting better and having more fight themselves.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lots of unknown in the bottom 6. The D should be better than last year and I’d still
like to see Dubas address the goaltending situation.

Can’t have it all in a flat cap salary world, but yes so far I like the roster more than last season.

What's wrong with an Andersen/Campbell Tandem?

sure I'd like to see a 3rd goalie brought in, because I think you will need that due to a VERY likely condensed schedule but that is a strong tantem

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I think it's a good team and probably in the top 5 in the East, but I don't think I'll fully commit to liking them until they actually win a playoff series.

I mean I like rollercoasters but emotional ones where you go from losing to a zamboni driver to scoring three goals with the goalie pulled to getting shut out by an average team in the last game of a qualifying not-even-playoff series? Those are a bit much to handle.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Really like this team! Yes, we lost some offence in the bottom six, but we aggressiveness. We took money from the front end and spent in on the back end.

Brodie can play on the top pair and PP/PK

Bogo can play on the bottom pair and PK

Simmonds will be the 3rd/4th line RW and can PK

Vesey will be the 3rd/4th line LW and can PK

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
This team still needs a #1 d-man who is an all around standout. I'd like them to move Marner to make room for Pietrangelo.
What team can take on $11 million a year right now? A #1 RHD captain and cup winner is a UFA and nobody can even make room to afford him, even at a discount.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Yeah its fine.

Not significantly better than last year, but hopefully a better year from Andersen, some more wins from the backup, better health and some internal improvement from guys on the team and I think we'll be in the top 3 in the atlantic again.

Bottom 6 might give us some trouble.

Reactions: CelticDruid

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Cause i don't believe in Dubas' vision and i'm not sure he does anymore either

I think he has changed his vision, I done think 2 years Simmonds and Bogosian would be Leafs, Brodie probably would be but I think if this were 2018 he'd target Vatanen over Bogosian because skill.

But I think the ALL pure skill vision has changed, I think Simmonds and Bogosian are proof of that, as was the Campbell trade that also brought Clifford even if Clifford left

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Yes.

- If Bogosian is healthy

- If Lehtonen translate his KHL number to the NHL and therefore replaces Barrie "offensive" numbers

- If mikheyev or Robertson can replace the offensive number provided by Johnsson and Kapanen. Everybody is slotting mikheyev on the 2nd line. Remember he went pointless in the playoffs and produce decent numbers for half a season. So pretty quick to slot him on the 2nd line. Even robertson only has 4 nhl playoff games under his belt

- IF barabanov, can repeat what mikheyev did in his 1st year.
ZOB !!! Zezel, OZZ and BergY|
I think the biggest key here is KERFOOT. If he can rebound and return or exceed his usual point total. Kerfoot needs to be the 2 way center everyone would love to have.

I really wish we had the modern day ZOB LINE (90 leafs reference) to shut down another teams top 2 lines

Reactions: Go4soda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad