Do you like the Holland hiring?

Do you like the Holland hiring?

• Total voters

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I do think he was probably the best choice out of ppl we were hearing. Of course we aren’t privy to the interviews.

Lets hope it goes well.

Reactions: Faelko

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Yes,

Hes the best out of Burke, Gillis, Verbeek, Hunter and Gretzky. That was the group we heard a lot about.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hopefully this isn’t as anti-prophetic as the initial responses to hiring Chia, lol.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Simple question, yes or no?

At this point you should change your tagline to HFOil Pollmaster .

I voted yes, but only barely. He's saying the right stuff but I want to see some moves before I get too optimistic.

Reactions: Cloned

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Can it honestly be any worse than Chiarelli? I doubt it. Just don't trade Draisaitl for a second pairing defensemen and I'll be happier than I was with Chiarelli .

With that said imo he hasn't done anything good in Detroit for a while. I could see him firmly becoming a member of the obc very soon.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm okay with it. Haven't listened to the whole presser yet, but I did like what I heard. Although talk is cheap.

At the end of the day if we are winning that's all that is going to matter.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I don't feel anything till i see results good or bad.

The Oilers have made me this way.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
no. I hope he proves me wrong. But nothing he's done in his recent history has shown me that he's much different from Chia, other than the fact that he has hair. It just reminds me so much of the Chia hiring 4 years ago. Threw a bunch of money at the biggest name out there. To those who say he doesn't need the money, I'd be willing to bet that the 25 millionth he'll make over the next five years is more money than he's made in his entire life up to this point. Yes he had success, the problem is, his glory days are 10 years ago. Detroit didn't replace him because he was doing a great job. Add to the fact it was reported a week or 2 ago that Holland had no interest in the job, all of sudden, the contract value is leaked and he wants to be a GM? Doesn't look good. I don't if Holland is the right guy, I don't who was the right hire, but I was hoping we would try something new, someone different. Holland, Nicholson's and Lowe's buddy, a guy who's been trending down over the last decade, a guy who's best days are more than likely behind him, doesn't seem like someone/thing different. I wanted them to single out a group of guys and get their plan, find out what they would do, and then pick the the most passionate one with the best plan, someone hungry and ready to prove themselves. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but most of the recent history do not make me believe that Holland is any of those things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad