OT: Do you have a non-Blues hockey collection?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I just posted on the Penguins board my collection of Pittsburgh stuff, I Cant be the only one who grew up with a unhealthy fandom of an out of town team. Below is a copy of my post.

Hello Penguins board,

I have been meaning to post this for a couple years but kept being lazy. The wife finally asked me to clean out my little man cave downstairs and I wanted to share my collection with some fellow Pens fans.

I started following the Penguins when I was a kid, my brother and father would never let play as the Blues when we played any video game so I start playing as Pittsburgh. Playing hours and hours, learning all the players names, and basically falling in love with a team I could only really follow 30 seconds at a time every night on sports center.

I am a Blues fan and follow them but since we get booted out of the playoffs I have always rooted for the penguins also. Yeah I was still up watching Kieth Primeau score in 5OT, I saw Mario retire and then comeback, I saw Jagr leave, and Sid get drafted. I have lurked on this board often but always stayed silent. Anyway enough of my incoherent blabbering.

Link to my Penguin collection, Thought it might bring back some memories of fans my age.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I would say the only non Blues thing I can think of that I have is an old Mighty Ducks jersey I had when I was a kid (like the one shown below)

56029217.0.jpg

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
That's a nice collection. Everything I have is Blues though...

Game used autograph sticks from Backes, Stastny, Pietrangelo, Steen and Berglund.

Signed jerseys from Steen and Backes hanging up. Plus I have other various autograph pucks/pictures but they're all Blues.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I grew up a Gretzky fan like many others so I got a small amount of memorabilia about the great one. Roy was my favorite goalie so got some of his stuff. Main thing I got is thousands of cards from 80’s and 90’s. Just been sitting in boxes and sleeves for the past couple decades. I will give them to my son or grandson (long ways away) if they have interest in card collecting.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
That's a nice collection. Everything I have is Blues though...

Game used autograph sticks from Backes, Stastny, Pietrangelo, Steen and Berglund.

Signed jerseys from Steen and Backes hanging up. Plus I have other various autograph pucks/pictures but they're all Blues.

Yeah it was easier to collect Blues stuff here and I got some pretty neat stuff when my Dad passed away. I will have to snap a few pictures when I get home. I have a Old Blues stick signed by multiple players, most who I cannot read. I think the stick is from 70s or early 80s, I have no idea where my dad got that one. I will put together a Blues/Other album and maybe get some help with those names!

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I grew up a Gretzky fan like many others so I got a small amount of memorabilia about the great one. Roy was my favorite goalie so got some of his stuff. Main thing I got is thousands of cards from 80’s and 90’s. Just been sitting in boxes and sleeves for the past couple decades. I will give them to my son or grandson (long ways away) if they have interest in card collecting.

Yeah I have boxes and boxes of old cards, most are from the age where everyone collected though, I do have a Gretzky autograph but like so many thing from that time period I would have to verify that it is actually real lol My dad did a ton of card shows when I was younger and the more I learn about that time it seems a lot of stuff was forged.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah it was easier to collect Blues stuff here and I got some pretty neat stuff when my Dad passed away. I will have to snap a few pictures when I get home. I have a Old Blues stick signed by multiple players, most who I cannot read. I think the stick is from 70s or early 80s, I have no idea where my dad got that one. I will put together a Blues/Other album and maybe get some help with those names!

The best time to get game used auto sticks is during the summer at the Blues store at Scottrade. They almost always run a "buy one, get one 50% off". That's how I got all my sticks. The Pietro and Backes were pretty expensive but I got the Steen and Stastny in the same trip and it was about $170 or so for both sticks so that was a pretty good deal. Then the Berglund stick was only about $50 so I got that one because it was cheap lol.

You have to start getting the sticks early in the summer though because after about a month or so all the big players (Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, Parayko, etc) are gone. Then you're left with Berglund, Gunnarsson, Upshall, etc.

I really want to add Schwartz and Edmundson to my stick collection this year.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hasek is my all time favorite player and I have a big collection of his cards/autos/etc. I have more Hasek stuff than any single Blues player.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
The best time to get game used auto sticks is during the summer at the Blues store at Scottrade. They almost always run a "buy one, get one 50% off". That's how I got all my sticks. The Pietro and Backes were pretty expensive but I got the Steen and Stastny in the same trip and it was about $170 or so for both sticks so that was a pretty good deal. Then the Berglund stick was only about $50 so I got that one because it was cheap lol.

You have to start getting the sticks early in the summer though because after about a month or so all the big players (Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, Parayko, etc) are gone. Then you're left with Berglund, Gunnarsson, Upshall, etc.

I really want to add Schwartz and Edmundson to my stick collection this year.

You got Petro’s Easton Stealth stick or the Bauer (Still an Easton with Bauer graphics) one? I found some online I wanted but price was too high.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Easton Stealth. I paid $200 for it. Here are the pictures of it.

Yeah those are the prices I been seeing. He’s on my list to get. He is my son’s favorite player. He really wants his stick.

OT Story. My son did the Lil Preds Learn to play program. Cody Hodgeson coached the first session and the whole time my son kept bugging him about playing with Pietrangelo at WJC in 2009. It was hilarious.

Reactions: stl76

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Here are a few of my Autographs, these are the ones I did not get myself so I have no idea if they are real.

The Blues team stick is at the end of the album, I can make out a few names but some I have no idea about.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Poster on the Bruins board found for me that the Bruins puck is Ray Borque! That was a really nice surprise! Someone else helped me find that Uwe Krupp signed the Avs puck so we have a 2 year time frame that the other signatures could be from but I have not identified the others yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad