Do you have a legitimate chance to make the NHL?

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
If you think that there is a slight chance that you might make it to the NHL, even if it is as a fourth liner, seventh defenceman, or a backup goalie , state your name, position and what team you play for. It would be interesting if someone actually does make it from HF and we know who we were speaking to when you are playing in the big leagues.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
My created player in NHL08 does.

my created player on nhl08 DOMINATES!:laugh: three scoring titles in three years (of course he plays on 2lines, both powerplays AND penalty kills and has sidney crosby and ilya kovalchuk on his line ;)

in real life.. at one point if I'd worked my ass off I might've had a shot at the RHI (roller hockey international) or even something like the old wchl (at least to hang in there while the guys knocked me around :laugh:... nhl though? naah!

I skate with a kid who's the absolute best amateur I've ever set eyes on. He even gives the ex aero's players that come out a hard time, yet HE openly admits to not having the drive to push himself into the levels it would take be viable pro AAA+ player. The amount of talent and work it takes to be even at the ahl level is insane, much less the nhl, khl or other euro leagues

I'd make a hell of a stick boy..er.. man ;) As long as the guys didn't mind a few of their composites dissappearing :sarcasm:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If you think that there is a slight chance that you might make it to the NHL, even if it is as a fourth liner, seventh defenceman, or a backup goalie , state your name, position and what team you play for. It would be interesting if someone actually does make it from HF and we know who we were speaking to when you are playing in the big leagues.

Shortly turning 50, and play some non-contact hockey, but I seem to dominate against younger players...maybe not so much the 12 year olds, but the under tens for sure.

I'll put it at 50/50...

probably fourth line (I have to be realistic here)

krax

Jul 25, 2007
Sure, I'm 41, Chris Chelios is turning 46. I still have 5 years. Center on the first line would be nice.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
No.

First off, I'm female.

Secondly I've had 2 reconstructive knee surguries and am going for a reconstructive shoulder/back/neck surgury.

Though, my brother, had he not chosen lacrosse would have had a great chance. He went to the Wheaties camp and everything.

KillerCanuk

Aug 22, 2008
well about 10 yrs ago i had the chance, broke my leg and turned to being a lil pest/thug/idiot. Now that im back to my senses i relize what I lost..dammit!!!

oh well always div1 elite rec league!! ya hoo!!!

was on my last year of bantam got invited to the rockets open camp the next year..ahhh sooo stupid!! oh well have to live it thru my kids now!!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Well, at age 27 I just started playing ice hockey this winter. So far in the beginners division my career stats are:
07-08 winter: 8-5-3-8 (we joined in on a training program in February)
08 Summer: 14-8-12-20
08-09 Winter: 1-1-0-1

Considering my rate of progression I think I can make it in another 5 years :). If only I had started when I was younger though, I would be in my rightful place beside the Sedin Twins!

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Nope. I could be the best goalie in the world but it'd never get a shot because I'm too short. (5'10'')

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
I think I can do it.

Name: John Tavares
Position: Center

We'll see. Crossing my fingers.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Always a hope I can make it as a Video Replay or Video Editor tech ;)

As a player? Only if a team wants someone to fire shots in practice to get their confidence up*lol*

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
As already mentioned NHL 08...
My soon to be NHL 09 player will be next up and coming STAR.
I expect no less than 100 goal and 200+ point seasons outta him.

Devils Mike*

My brother is 14 and plays high school hockey. He might have a chance. :sarcasm:

Nikita Filatov*

Slim chance. I've been invited to play in a European development league next season.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
^Congrats, Bruinsfan 1

I went to high school with Scott Young, and my backup in Junior High went on to be the starter for Harvard and played in the minors for a while. I've played pickup recently with CHLers, ECHLers, a walk-on try out for the Bruins, and guys that played Finnish Juniors and a kid who's playing for Victoria this year.

I stink compared to any of them at any stage...everyone in every pro and pro-am league in North America would have to transfer to Europe for me to have a shot at being on the fourth line of the lowest farm team of the Islanders.

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I'm a WHL pick, but a late and ridiculously insignificant one.
Thinking more AJHL then university.
So no.
Won't disclose my name but i'm hoping you don't think i'd ******** about something that lame. Haha. Would have at least boosted myself a few rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad