Do you hate players or fans more in rivalries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I want to hear what people think about this. As a Habs fan I would say I hate the Bruins players more than I hate their fan base, but I hate the Toronto fans more than I hate their players. In rivalries, what makes you hate the other team, the players or the fans?

sorry to create such a hateful thread the day after christmas ;)

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
There's about equal hatred between the pens and flyers rivalry between players and fans. Fans on both sides are pretty awful IMO

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I can't think of many Rangers players I dislike. MSL is the only player I don't like on that team. Lundqvist and Nash are borderline.

Rangers fans on the other hand.......

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I guess it depends on the team. Here's the teams I don't have much love for:

Habs: Fans completely that go to the games down here. I actually respect a lot of their players, fanbase, and tradition.

Flyers: Both. Tied I guess. I hate Rinaldo and a few other players, but their fans aren't any less obnoxious.

Bruins: Both. I guess more the players as I can't stand Lucic or Marchand. Their fans down here are obnxious as hell though.

Lightning: Fans. Although, I completely despise Gudas.

Rangers: Fans completely. I actually like their team a lot.

Pens: Both equally.

Leafs: Fans. I have no problem with any of their players.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Fans. There are plenty of Habs players that piss me off, but honestly most of the time I wouldn't care about them so much if it wasn't for their fans.

That being said, I'm sure Habs fans feel the same way about us :laugh:

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
It depends on the team. There are some teams where you solely dislike the players, others where you just dislike the fans and the rare few where you despise both.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I'd say I hate the fans more. Montreal, Boston and Toronto for me.

When the Leafs played the Bruins in the playoffs (some, which in turns makes me relate them to all :laugh:) Bruins fans turned it into USA vs Canada when I think 15 of their roster players were Canadian. It just screams stupidity.

Montreal and Toronto because they/we have the most ignorant, obnoxious fans in the league.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I don't discriminate with my hatred. If I hate a team, I hate their players, their fans, their Zamboni drivers, their play-by-play guy, and their stinking Cups.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It used to be both for the Flyers when they had Hartnell, Briere,Richards, Carter, etc. Now they just have Giroux, who's really just strange.

But I could say multiple things about their fan base that would probably get me an infraction.

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
depends. some cities its the fans, some cities its the media. its hard to really hate players (like, REAALLLLY hate) since they're all out their doing their jobs and the whole "i would never want that guy on my team" crap you see on here is exactly that. crap.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Fans, there's really no debate about this one. Canes-Devils is the only one in recent years I can think of where the hate was definitely towards the players but the two fanbases didn't really detest eachother quite as much as would be expected.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Fans. Good way to hate a team is having a bunch of drunk away fans in your home arena being really annoying

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
As a Carolina fan, I would say I dislike fans and teams about evenly*for*Montreal, New Jersey and Boston.

Buffalo is the one exception where I dislike fans more than the team, though the team is still anathema to me.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
As a Carolina fan, I would say I dislike fans and teams about evenly*for*Montreal, New Jersey and Boston.

Buffalo is the one exception where I dislike fans more than the team, though the team is still anathema to me.

Montreal's weird. I think most of us have no more ill feelings toward them more then we do the average Canadian team, whereas a lot of them still seem to hate us for 06.

Kindof a reverse Winnipeg where most of them could care less about us, but quite a few of our fans and fans of "sunbelt teams" in general don't really like them because of the way things went down with Atlanta.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
I really can't stand the Florida Panthers players...I've never actually seen a panthers fan. I hear they are out there though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad