Do you consider Mozyakin a lock for Sochi?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
He is not a lock for sure, but his chemistry with Malkin might actually play in his favour.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
Quick Question:
Can someone who consistently watches the KHL explain to me why Mozyakin apparently stands absolutely no chance?
Aside from scoreboard/stats tracking, as well as watching KHL highlights on Youtube, I'm not too acquainted with Mozyakin and his game.
What I DO know is that he leads the league by a wide margin, more than everyone's treasured Kovalchuk, and has PROVEN chemistry with both Malkin and Kulemin....which for all we know could be a potential Sochi line.

So tell me, why is there no chance he makes the team? Or is this simply an HFBoards opinion that is widely accepted yet has no merit? (ala "Ovy is a one dimensional floater" on the main board)

Thanks

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
^ Also, to build on that. Kulemin - Malkin - Mozyakin could be a replica of that Kunitz - Malkin - Neal line, with which Malkin put up an unreal season.
Kulemin = Kunitz (Grinding style, winning board plays)
Mozyakin = Neal (Unreal snipe)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Quick Question:
Can someone who consistently watches the KHL explain to me why Mozyakin apparently stands absolutely no chance?
Aside from scoreboard/stats tracking, as well as watching KHL highlights on Youtube, I'm not too acquainted with Mozyakin and his game.
What I DO know is that he leads the league by a wide margin, more than everyone's treasured Kovalchuk, and has PROVEN chemistry with both Malkin and Kulemin....which for all we know could be a potential Sochi line.

So tell me, why is there no chance he makes the team? Or is this simply an HFBoards opinion that is widely accepted yet has no merit? (ala "Ovy is a one dimensional floater" on the main board)

Thanks

I like Mozyakin, but unlike lesser KHL players he's been absolute crap whenever he's played for the NT.....and at age 32 I don't see anything changing.
Nothing more nothing less.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
^ Also, to build on that. Kulemin - Malkin - Mozyakin could be a replica of that Kunitz - Malkin - Neal line, with which Malkin put up an unreal season.

If by replica you mean nothing alike, then yes. Replica.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Quick Question:

It's not his league play that fuels the concern. It's his peformances with the NT in the past. He's invited to the EHT. That's his chance. If he chokes again I don't care how many points he puts up in the league. Remember, he leads the league. Nothing less than leading this team at EHT is and should be expected.

That said I have a strong feeling team Canada won't be selected by the NHL scoring sheet either, right?

What's the Kovalchuk hate? He's putting up more than a PPG. He's had minor injuries probably preventing him from playing at his best level for at least 10 game sor so. Also SKA has some balanced scoring. They don't rely on Kovalchuk alone while MMG is a one line team for most of the time. It's Zaripov-Kovar-Mozyakin scoring like 90% of the points.

Thanks

The question here was not whether he makes the team, but whether he's a lock or not. Nobody says he won't make the team no matter what. But he's not alock and has to prove he belongs there not only on paper.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

The Kunitz - Kulemin comparison I get with Kulemin being more physical but a lesser finisher. But if we're talking Neal. I'd do the deal 2xMozyakin for 1xNeal anyday.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
No

As far as Kulemin: I am visiting Toronto now, and went yesterday to the Leafs-LA game... The guy is just invisible. I watch him intently, and there is not much he does that a kokorev would not...

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

Personally, I'd take Popov-Malkin-Perezhogin over Mozyakin-Malkin-Kulemin without thinking twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad