Speculation: Do we need to add grit?

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Because Bergenheim is a better hockey player than Andersson in every single possible way. But also why that deal would not happen straight up.

For the record, I completely agree with you. I'm not even trying to say that it's a deal that could or ever would happen. I am just saying that given the type of team Detroit has, that would be among the only logical deals for a gritty forward, and I don't know if either team would be really all that interested. I don't think it's worth it for Holland to move Andersson + a pick or whatever just to bring in a bottom 6 forward that basically has played his way out of a team that is 3 points out of a playoff spot.

What other spot on the roster is available? Mainly just Andersson's spot, and maybe Jurco's spot. Miller, Glendening, Weiss, and whichever top 6 forward draws the unlucky hat tomorrow and ends up on the third line - they're all pretty much set in stone I'd imagine.

I don't think there would be interest in a guy like Bergenheim unless Florida decided to just basically give him away - and I think that was mainly the point I was trying to make. Trading him for Andersson would basically be giving him away.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
if it's a player who is willing to drive the net and can score dirty goals, win puck battles and retrieve the puck well, then yes.

if it's a player who is just a 4th line plug and is only good at taking stupid penalties, then no.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
OP needs to understand the difference between grit and fighting.

One of my proudest moments as a Wings fan on HFboards was seeing Blackhawks, Sharks and Ducks fans defending Detroit from accusations of softness from Eastern Conference teams.

And losing Kindl off the roster was a massive grit upgrade in one fell swoop.

With grit I dont mean fighting, I mean physical play.

We dont need fighters, we need physical players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad