Do we keep our first round pick this year, use it to get better, or try and get more picks by trading down?

Trade the first or keep it

• Keep

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Trade it for help now

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Trade back for multiple draft picks

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We have Boston's pick which is 28th OA.

On one hand, it would be nice to pick a prospect and have something to look forward to coming in the next several years. Keeping a consistent pipeline of ELC talent is key for us to win anything.

In the same breath we have few picks this draft class. Maybe the best bet is to take a few shots with a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick instead of a late first, which together have a pretty similar chance of making the NHL.

On the other hand, Treliving will want to make an impression and if he isn't moving on from the core, the 1st is the most valuable asset we have outside of our untouchables. He's talked about improving the defense, getting meaner, etc.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Personally I won't expect a trade down due to Treliving likely wants to make a splash with one of his first major moves as a GM.

That said, if there's a deal to be had to pick up an extra second I'd personally be in favor of it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I voted for trade it for help npw because I think that's what's happening.

I think Treliving will want to put his stamp on the team and that pick is going out the door.

Because even at his press cpnference he said we have to keep knocking on the door.

He's making a push.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I would trade up and get a big fast C or D .. we need to fill up our tank with top prospects .. today we got pretty much nothing except Woll

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Depends on who’s available

If you can get out of murray without dealing it, then I’m fine keeping the pick and using it. We have shitty prospects apart from knies, Robertson and Niemela I guess. Everyone else are longshots

Adding potentially another top 6 forward prospect or top 4 dman prospect would be useful

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I read He wants to trade up in the draft or acquire another 1st round pick.

I think he has his eyes set on a player out of his range. I have a strong feeling hes going to make a move on it

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
We have Boston's pick which is 28th OA.

On one hand, it would be nice to pick a prospect and have something to look forward to coming in the next several years. Keeping a consistent pipeline of ELC talent is key for us to win anything.

In the same breath we have few picks this draft class. Maybe the best bet is to take a few shots with a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick instead of a late first, which together have a pretty similar chance of making the NHL.

On the other hand, Treliving will want to make an impression and if he isn't moving on from the core, the 1st is the most valuable asset we have outside of our untouchables. He's talked about improving the defense, getting meaner, etc.
Thought Trliving can't participate

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Anything stopping us from trading pending UFAs for marginal picks here and there?

I say we don't do the Dubas thing and move off the quantity over quality talking points.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Anything stopping us from trading pending UFAs for marginal picks here and there?

I say we don't do the Dubas thing and move off the quantity over quality talking points.

ROR rights probably have the best chance to snag a 5th-7th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad