GDT: Do We Have A Game Today?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Hutton made some great saves tonight. Great job for him. Finally won in a SO.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Loved seeing the smiles as they left the ice as well. A combination of wanting to win the game and also getting that SO monkey of their backs. At least this time.

Now on to the Avs Saturday night at the Bridge.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
101 seriously, scoring on the pp is a good thing. Shorthanded goals and +\- against do not prove that he isn't nhl capable in the least.

Crazy way to win. Two back breaking goals against at the end of periods. Then win by shootouts with 2 defensemrn goals. Lol

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Anaheim is 2 and 4 in the shootout, Vancouver 2 and 6, Detroit 1 and 7, New Jersey winless in 7 attempts. We have a better shootout win percentage than the Wings right now and with a win in the next shootout we could pass the Canucks shootout win percentage. It sure isn't the Preds strong suit, but, it is a weakness for many teams across the league.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
as crappy as this season has been I say for one night lets forget analysis and just savor a sweet victory… beating Philly, with Weber in on all three of our goals no less… and a shootout win…

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
THIS IS A GDT.

If you want to discuss Forsberg, take it to another thread.

If you continue to attack other posters, you will be given infractions.

This will serve as the warning.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Carter Hutton. Much save. Wow. So scare.

Seriously lost my **** when he snagged that; huge emotion swing. Well done guys; nice W.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
lol....... 3 d men used.

we've been doing the shoot outs all wrong using forwards!:handclap:
It's no Joke.

I'll take Ellis, Josi, Weber, Jones in a shootout over any of 4 of our forwards.

I usually come to Trotz's defense, but sticking with the same old guys in the shootout has been dumb. Hopefully today changes our shootout fortunes.

Predsfan78

Ambassador
Jul 24, 2010
Nashville
Just now getting to see the highlights..all 3 goals we scored in the SO were fairly filthy..especially Cullen's. Me likey.

I agree. It looked as if Cullen was toying with Mason. And then he just roofed it right in the corner. Cullen's goal was "in your face" kinda of badass.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
What a great game to watch. Scoring chances on both sides, a H-U-G-E save by Hutton, and some real nice goals. The team was due to win a SO sometime, so this was a pretty sweet time to get it done!

Josi said on the postgame that the defense lobbied Korn to put some of the defensemen in the SO. Looks like they were right!

Weber never smiles, but after Josi scored he was smiling ear to ear. And Ellis was jumping up and down on the bench, that was great. Even in the postgame interview Weber was trying to be serious, but you could see how happy he was to get this win.

I agree, Suck it philly.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Awesome game. Would LOVE to see this team get on a roll.

Edit: Just watched the highlights again. Weber's goal is one of the best I've seen this year.

Last edited:

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
What guts the team showed to tonight! Thought they would be crushed when Philly tied late.

I hate to say it, but have we been keeping out best shot-out guys on the bench. Ellis; goal was great - with a ton of pressure.

God, I love it when the big money Philly thugs lose.

Also - first game where my 'lets go ahead and trade Weber' resolve has started to weaken. He showed some stuff last night.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Have to say I enjoyed this win more than any I have seen recently. Something to savor until Saturday.
And it is great to hear the D are lobbying to get shootout action. Something clearly needed to change and with a SO win powered on goals from Ellis (great looking goal) and Josi, maybe it will make them all more hungry to innovate and be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad