Speculation: Do they do it?

~

• Total voters

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think they get in by the skin of their teeth and a heroic effort from a rested Dahlin over the final stretch.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I voted no. The next two weeks are particularly difficult, and I don't think the additions (well, just Greenway) can acclimate and make a difference quickly enough. It's going to be very frustrating seeing them fall short by 4-5 pts.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'll be rooting hard as hell until they're mathematically eliminated, but I think losing Tuch is way too much to overcome while Power, Peterka, and Quinn are still finding their way at this level. Hell, even Cozens looks a bit fatigued lately, and he has been a stud all year.

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
No. And that's not a bad thing. But go look at our schedule. It's too much. If they do it, then hell they might be cup contenders because it will be a near miracle with this schedule. Brutal.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Not a chance, and if this management continues to ignore gapping holes in the lineup, and keep hoping dead wood will spring new leaves, then we will miss next year too.

I am a day trader, and I see this exact same mentality in the people that lose money every day. Holding onto losers out of hope they will turn it around, and worrying that if you get rid of the stock it will turn around the next day and you will miss out, and then betting on stocks that are way down thinking they are smarter than the market.

Get good blue chip players and you will win more than lose. Buffalo's management is giving us excuses why they are playing small ball, but it is a recipie for continued losing.

You want to win a cup? Take a roster like Boston, and match it up against the Sabres, and in every spot that the Sabres player is not as good? F'ing mark that spot for replacement. Then, EVERY opportunity you get to reasonably improve one of those spots........ DO IT!

Its actually not that freaking hard of a concept.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We ride and die with Dahlin...if he plays, we win.

Also, we've very desperately needed to staple the black and red to each and every player's backs for a couple months now. They are a different team in that particular livery and it needs to be addressed and capitalized on.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe.

I can't. The schedule is an absolute bear coming down the stretch and I think we're running out of gas.

Think we finish 4-6 points out and come out roaring next season.
Thinking about it. I would feel less confident if we had a gimme schedule down the stretch, knowing we would shit the proverbial Delaware bed.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Naw think we fall a little short this year but all in all a fabulous season with a super bright future...With some offseason ti kering by Adams I think we get in next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad