Do The Leafs Need To Shake Up The Power Play?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
MatthewsPP.jpg

HockeyIntangibles: Do The Leafs Need to Shake Up Their Power Play?

Let's get to it, shall we? The Leafs started the season with a scorching hot power play but since then have gone rather cold. The group has become somewhat...

Short and sweet blog post. I think everyone probably has their thoughts on this.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Of course they do. Freddy should be in front of the net creating a screen, and Hainey and Gauthier should be manning the points. How Babcock hasn't realized this yet is beyond comprehension.

RLF

May 5, 2014
I think we all feel there needs to be a shakeup. I would really like to have seen them move around the #1 unit more before moving guys off the unit. Would have liked to see Marner and Rielly switch spots at times so that sometimes Marner runs it from the boards and sometimes from the point. Marner is so creative he could get the PKers moving and constantly adjusting by using different looks if running the PP from different spots.
Tying Marner to the right side where he has known options has been the biggest problem. Along with our PP being way too stationary, although I thought they were moving more the last couple of games but not executing.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I cant say I am a big fan of the changes on the PP. They don't need to thin or spread the talent so much as they need to no be so f***ing predictable.

Matthews ....to Reilly... to Marner.... to Tavares/Kadri tip. Every... f***ing.. .time

What ever happened to the Marner to Matthews pass? Teams started defending it. The whole PK against Leafs right now is, take away Matthews shot/cross seam pass.. and all that's left is the Kadri/Tavares tip since Marner doesn't shoot on net 98% of the time.

They need to force the PKers to move more, right now they are all way too static in how they are trying to execute.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I dont think they need to switch up the players, just switch the god dam tactics. Everytime Marne gets the puck on the right boards, all the other team tries to do is take away that center pass because thats our only play. Move the puck around and open up more opportunities

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I dont think they need to switch up the players, just switch the god dam tactics. Everytime Marne gets the puck on the right boards, all the other team tries to do is take away that center pass because thats our only play. Move the puck around and open up more opportunities

Tavares looks good at one timers ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1