Do the Flyers make the playoffs?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm still amazed Ladd got 7 years.

Im amazed they showed no interest in extending Okposo and then commited 7 years to Ladd. Serious head-scratcher. Really bad summer for the Islanders. They will probably take one step back before Barzal and other are ready to make an impact.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Im amazed they showed no interest in extending Okposo and then commited 7 years to Ladd. Serious head-scratcher. Really bad summer for the Islanders. They will probably take one step back before Barzal and other are ready to make an impact.

Boychuk is another crazy long contract. He'll be 38 when it ends.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Anyone think the Pens could see a drop? Sid, Letang, and Malkin are going to do their thing. Kessel will as well, but outside of those guys they did a lot with a little last season and while their young guys should improve I don't foresee anyone stepping up in any significant way. Hornqvist and Hagelin are solid complimentary guys. Kunitz is getting up there but he's still a solid guy but nothing special. So that gives them what, two good lines and one good defensive pairing?

EDIT: NYR seems on the downslope too. My biggest fear is Washington, Florida, TBL, and NYI. ****, if CBJ stays healthy I'm probably more worried about them than Pitt and NYR.

I pick the Penguins every year to win the Cup to curse them, but it didn't work this last year.

For the life of me, this team looks like garbage on paper outside of their top 6 players, which show what I know, since this team of garbage won the Cup convincingly. Most of their depth are made up of has-beens and no-names, who apparently have great chemistry.

I would think that teams will be on to them this season, which will make it harder for them. But I think Crosby will be better all season and the usual suspects of Malkin, Letang, and Kessel will be fine. I'm hoping that the likes of Rust, Bonino, Sheary et al. show their real selves this year, and not their playoff selves.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

Do you think they made that type of offer to Okposo and he rejected it?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Do you think they made that type of offer to Okposo and he rejected it?

By all reports they made little to no effort to negotiate with Okposo all season. They then signed an olde, inferior player for the same term and just 500k less.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Montreal will probably finish ahead of us with a healthy price, but at some point that bubble has to burst between Therrien's coaching and having a relatively old core group of players. If there were one single year where that would be the case I would imagine next year stands a good shot of it with Subban being gone and all the drama over the last year. Just hoping I guess haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad