Do referees want to take over games because they can't play hockey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Having seen some real loathsome refs at the minor hockey level, yeah, I think the job attracts a certain power tripping type that wants to instill their dominance on the game likely due to perverse small man issues. The NHL did their best to limit these types when they took the names off their backs and rotated in a lot of no names, etc., but there's only so much they can do.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I think in lower levels yeah, like house leagues you might find that.... but come on man

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Do fans think they know better because they won't amount much more to hockey than being a couch GM/Ref?

PS: I know the irony of a hockey fan posting this.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Seriously. Referees are arrogant across the board. Whether it's telling MacKinnon to shut up, throwing gloves back at players or giving Gaudreau a misconduct for talking back after a bull**** penalty.
What does that make players? They give alot more shit to the refs than the refs give to the players.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Do fans think they know better because they won't amount much more to hockey than being a couch GM/Ref?

Same response to any similar comment: I can do an NHL refs job tomorrow, likely poorly but I wouldn't look ridiculous. They ain't doing my job, probably ever, but definitely not without years of training. So yeah, we're allowed to comment.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I think in lower levels yeah, like house leagues you might find that.... but come on man

Having seen names like Fraser, Koharski, Megeough and a few other guys that loved to make it all about themselves over the years, I'd beg to differ.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
Same response to any similar comment: I can do an NHL refs job tomorrow, likely poorly but I wouldn't look ridiculous. They ain't doing my job, probably ever, but definitely not without years of training. So yeah, we're allowed to comment.

Love it.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site

PS: I know the irony of a hockey fan posting this.

We are the customers. We certainly are allowed to bitch all we want. But, referees are prone to making mistakes like any player and they don't get called out for it.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
We are the customers. We certainly are allowed to ***** all we want. But, referees are prone to making mistakes like any player and they don't get called out for it.

By all means, bitch. Doesn't mean I'm wrong. Fans like to think they know everything and can do a refs job no problem.

This is the fastest game in the world and has only gotten faster over the years. On top of that we got guys flopping in order to gain favourable calls. Of f***ing course the refs are going to make mistakes.

Reactions: FishManSam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad