Do Rangers have a easier route to ECF than the Caps by finsihing 4th instead of 1st?

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Looking at the standing, The Rangers (and the Habs) both have an easier path to the ECF than the Caps. Same could be said for both teams claiming #2 and #3 in the Atlantic.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looking at the standing, The Rangers (and the Habs) both have an easier path to the ECF than the Caps. Same could be said for both teams claiming #2 and #3 in the Atlantic.

The Caps have an easier path to the second round. if they survive the 2nd round they will have a pretty big advantage to advance to the Finals. I prefer the Capitals position than the Rangers.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
This playoff format is jokes!!!
right now in the east it's
1 vs 8
2 vs 3
4 vs 5
6 vs 7

WTF???? Betman, stop ruining our game!!

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They have a harder round 1, but an easier round 2 if they make it past Montreal. They definitely have an easier route than either Pittsburgh or Columbus though.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I think they got to change the playoff format. If Toronto wins their series they play teams in the Metro, The Rangers win they play teams in the Atlantic. Go back to 1 vs. 8, here are the matches:

Washington/Toronto
Montreal/NY Rangers
Pittsburgh/Boston
Columbus/Ottawa

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
Yeah, I think they got to change the playoff format. If Toronto wins their series they play teams in the Metro, The Rangers win they play teams in the Atlantic. Go back to 1 vs. 8, here are the matches:

Washington/Toronto
Montreal/NY Rangers
Pittsburgh/Boston
Columbus/Ottawa

We didn't have a "true" 1v8, division winners were guaranteed the first positions.

So it would be:

1. Washington vs 8. Toronto
2. Montreal vs 7. Boston
3. Pittsburgh vs 6. Ottawa
4. Colombus vs 5. New York

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Yes...NY has an easier path. Any option that doesn't include Chicago or the Pens in the first two rounds is preferable.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
as a caps fan, I guess I don't see the complaint. I am hoping they win the cup. if they lose, I am not hung up one when they lose. The Caps have a much lighter weight first round match up than the Rangers. They have a heavier 2nd round matchup should they win. If they win that, the level of competition recedes for the ECF. The Caps face the same 3 teams anyway with the 2nd and 3rd rounds out of order.

The Jackets and the Pens are the one's with the crappy route. they are effectively playing the ecf twice in the first two rounds

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
as a caps fan, I guess I don't see the complaint. I am hoping they win the cup. if they lose, I am not hung up one when they lose. The Caps have a much lighter weight first round match up than the Rangers. They have a heavier 2nd round matchup should they win. If they win that, the level of competition recedes for the ECF. The Caps face the same 3 teams anyway with the 2nd and 3rd rounds out of order.

The Jackets and the Pens are the one's with the crappy route. they are effectively playing the ecf twice in the first two rounds

Agreed, this is what I thought when I first saw this thread.

It's not the Caps we have an easier route than. It's the Blue Jackets.

They have to beat the Penguins in the first round and THEN they most likely have the Capitals waiting for them. That is 2 of the best teams in the league IMO.

If CBJ manages to get through PITT and WSH then God bless them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad