Do Devils make the playoffs without the Vatanen trade?

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I mean, I don't think so.

The offense struggled a bit after Rico left but Vats had been a monster

Reactions: HBK27

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Another vote for absolutely not. Ray Shero should be up there for GM of the year with that trade. Vatanen was talked about in a potential trade for Jonathan Drouin last offseason. Since the trade, Vatanen basically replaced what was lost on defense when Adam Larsson was traded for Taylor Hall, but plays all situations and has allowed Andy Greene to become refreshed.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Its great to see him doing so well in NJ. The Ducks board has always been sort of split on him- with the announcement of the expansion draft we sort of fell into either Team Vatanen or Team Fowler, but its undeniable that he left a fair sized hole in our top 4. Love what Henrique brings to the table, but wish we hadn't had to give up Sami to get him.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nope. He’s been incredibly valuable. Much stronger defensively and capable of handling tough minutes than I expected. Good trade for both teams, this wasn’t a Hall-Larsson type robbery.

Reactions: aemoreira1981

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
A D that can cleanly exit the zone and quickly get the puck to the forwards impacts the entire team. The offense he's created is a huge bonus. Miss Adam but it's a trade that needed to be done.

Reactions: aemoreira1981

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad