Do CHL players pay any fees

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
like as what I have learned is common in the lower tier leagues? I see one of the items in the BCHL departure from Hockey Canada's umbrella is they want to eliminate those fees going forward. I was surprised to see fees of any kind actually. Not $100 either , in the thousands for some leagues. Even fees for showcase all star games. Then again, you can look at these leagues as schools and this is the tuition.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
like as what I have learned is common in the lower tier leagues? I see one of the items in the BCHL departure from Hockey Canada's umbrella is they want to eliminate those fees going forward. I was surprised to see fees of any kind actually. Not $100 either , in the thousands for some leagues. Even fees for showcase all star games. Then again, you can look at these leagues as schools and this is the tuition.
WHL players receive a small monthly stipend - less than minimum wage - as part of their standard contract. They also receive a year's tuition at a Canadian university for each year they play in the league. They don't typically pay fees.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
chl players do not pay any fees, they negotiate a payment in the form of a schollarship that is payed out as the player goes to school. the player recieves other benefts such as expense payments, payments for off ice summer training and monthy stipens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad